July 2014 ask brendalovescompo

How are the sinuses?

I need that done as well, but I hate surgeries (due to having them) and I refuse. I have a hard time breathing from the left side. Bad when I get a cold and the right is stopped up :D

How are the sinuses?

I need that done as well, but I hate surgeries (due to having them) and I refuse. I have a hard time breathing from the left side. Bad when I get a cold and the right is stopped up :D

Well Darin, It was more than I expected. I didn't have pollops, (spelling), I do know that if you have them cut out they do not pack your sinus with gauze anymore, that is why I kept putting off. I'm a bit claustrophobic, They cut my septum , and stitched back straight. Can't breath well now , cause I have tissue just under nose to catch blood clots, Afrin is used to stop the bleeding. Sorry if too graphic. Everyone I have heard about the surgery says, don't wait it is worth it. So,Darin, if you are having trouble breathing or snoring keeping the wife up, HAVE THE SURGERY. Anesthesia is wearing off, no pain yet.

I have to use afrin to breath. every 12 hours, and I hope when I am healed I will be off of it for ever. Hate using it.
Thanks for asking.

Will you have to taper off the Afrin gradually to avoid rebound swelling?

Marianna

He didn't say. The afrin he gave me was stronger than otc. Not suppose to sniff. I am hoping that when the bleeding stops I will not be swelling on that side to where I need to use. I never use on left side. Getting my antibiotic later, maybe that will help. Also he wants me to use a mist with that antibiotic, so may use that instead of Afrin, hate the rebound.

Will keep you posted.

Third day is a bit better. Yesterday , I was really tired and laid around and watched you tube LOTSW shows on and off all day. To lazy to get my DVD's out. Starting to get better breathing from my bad side. If you have a strong stomach and curious about the surgery. Go to you tube and look for endoscopic septoplasty. Darin this is what you may be looking forward to if you decide to have the surgery. Remember, it is a bit gross. If you are interested in surgeries or this procedure, I would recommend. Have a good day winos:41:

So...... since you work for GM, do you drive a GM car?

I always have. In 96 my husband got a work truck. In 95 and 96 they could not make trucks fast enough. That is their biggest money maker also. We had it towed so much over the same problem, it was also a recall. That we paid $4500 toward, towing,getting fixed and a rental for a trip on a $16,000 vehicle, my husband had it and traded it for a Nissan King Cab! This was after he contacted the regional people to complain about this vehicle that gave us problems since it was under warranty till it had 107,000 miles on it. I didn't want to do it, but that little truck he got he has put over 100,000 miles on it and has had it for 8 years,only putting $700 in it! Something with the thing that holds the battery down, and a timing chain.

We have had a corvette, and he wanted something bigger that had some power, and he ended up getting a Dodge Challenger. Had it worked on by Mopar, like he needed it to go faster. You guys and your cars! Tried to attach a picture, my son took it to his prom. Hope it works.

Attachments

• james Shana 2014 banquest (10).jpg
    james Shana 2014 banquest (10).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 25
Hi Brenda, hope you're enjoying your time in the hot seat. If you could live in one on the Summer Wine houses which one would you live in?

Hi Brenda, hope you're enjoying your time in the hot seat. If you could live in one on the Summer Wine houses which one would you live in?

So far, not bad Pearl. That is a tough one. I would take any of them, but my favorite to have for my own would be Seymours' house. For obvious reasons, it is out in the country, pond in front, plenty of room for gardening. Great place to have a LOTSW party, EVERYONE IS INVITED!!! Party time:hungry::37::coffee::41::14::cool:

Did you have a dream as a child/teenager of what you wanted to be in you grew up?

Did you have a dream as a child/teenager of what you wanted to be in you grew up?

My goodness, that seems like so long ago, I think I wanted to be an undercover cop, like Starsky and Hutch when I was in the 5th grade.:cool: I use to sing along with the radio so I thought I could be some sort of performer.(I sang in the chior in school, no real talent). Then when I really need to be thinking what I wanted to be,I never really had anything specific in mind. I went to college because that was the next step. Just going 2 years. I was thinking health teacher, exercise sciences, but didn't follow thru. :12:

How are the sinuses?

5 days after surgery and my nose is killing me. My little dog rubbed her nose on mine and I about jumped out of my skin. It is tender to the touch, I can feel now where he stitched the cartilage back together in my nose. No pain meds, all out, and it is all out of my system. Ouch! The good news I am breathing better on the right side and have not used any afrin since Wed.!!!!!!!!!:37: I am finally off that crap, threw them away.

Just wanted to say that I have 7 more days left for my month. Thanks to everyone for the questions. I use to be on Facebook, but it got into an issue with some family and ex family issues, using friendship to benefit a specific situation.:20: I do miss it seeing pictures of my nieces and nephew , and keep in contact with my cousins and their families. This is a forum that I have enjoyed being a part of. I am on one other forum, back yard chickens ,but just go on there to ask questions about issues I may have with my flock. It is really big. I posted something on there and within 24 hours, my post was 3 pages back. TOO BIG. I enjoy this forum, friendships made because of a show we have in common. It has been a treat.:37:

Sorry if that offends Brenda but I wondered if you had any rare breeds or were they sort of chicken farm "rescues". Before I got married I had a few Buff Orpingtons and some Plymouth Rocks . ::) OK Pearl so I could have phrased it differently! The heat is addling my brain!

Last edited:
How many chickens do you have Brenda?

I have 3 foghorn leghorns, and 3 red sex links. My husband started out with the chickens, got them when they were a day old. When they started laying eggs, I would collect the eggs then I slowly started taking over the coop. I have a routine with them everyday. They are funny to watch. Each lays one egg a day. 3 brown and 3 white. We make pickled eggs, which my husband calls that "beer food", of course some of his drinking buddies just stick with the beer.:29:

Are they "true breeds" or more your utility breed??

I looked up the breeds you said you use to have. Those are some pretty birds. I suppose you can say they are utility birds, they are purebred foghorns and red sex links. Just nothing fancy. Not there yet. This is part of our plan to be self sufficient when the government goes Martial Law! (listening to the internet news) Alex Jones. Some call him a conspiracy theorist, but there is so much that our "regular media" is not telling us, Alex fills in the gaps.

We are planning on getting some chickens for meat purposes. We have a brush pile in the front of the property and plan to let them live there. I will not have anything to do them, because I don't think I could eat something that I cared for. So Randy will do that deal. Still sort of iffy about the whole thing.

here are some picture of my flock.
scruffy or brownie.jpg

foghorn leghorns (1).jpg

anti social.jpg

foghorn leghorns (3).jpg
Pearl is just picking on you Dick.:p:46: things have been slow the past week or so. I don't know what happened to John.:pc: I suppose Beth and Pearl wore him out last month.

Back