I Wonder if

Don't be silly! they have reversing cameras :)

I can just see it...... "back a bit,, back a bit.... oops, there goes another canal"

I asked this guy an experienced Captain of many years who didn't bother wiff all those gadgets, couldn't understand all them blibs and blobs, nuffin as good as the old noggin for getting from A to B and if you get lost you can always ask the boys on the Shell rig.

capt.jpg

We have 2 ACL container vessels every week coming into Liverpool Docks from America !!!.....they bring containers full of luxury American items.....and also household items......everything that is American and sought after comes through us !!!.
They are absolutely MAAAAASIVE !!!!....and are brought in by 4 little tugs !!!...it is amazing to watch.....these little boats bringing this mammoth ship in to safely dock.

You certainly do Bora !!!!.....we have motor vehicles of all shapes and sizes...plus lots and lots of high end clothing [Ralph Lauren,Gant,Tommy Hilfiger]
Individuals can actually book a container and have their possessions taken across the Atlantic.
We had a 4 month dock strike here in Liverpool last year and it cost ACL [Atlantic Containers Limited] tens of millions of pounds...simply because no other Port in the world would handle the cargo from Port that was on strike...they were known as "scab ships".
The problem was the American ports would not take the containers back off !!!...so the MAAAAASIVE container vessels just sat in the Atlantic Ocean until the dispute was resolved !!!.
x!

Okay, I always looked at luxury like owning a Lamborghini or something. By the way, is your user name from the band?

I asked this guy an experienced Captain of many years who didn't bother wiff all those gadgets, couldn't understand all them blibs and blobs, nuffin as good as the old noggin for getting from A to B and if you get lost you can always ask the boys on the Shell rig.

View attachment 6464
The most important point you made is that this guy is an EXPERIENCED CAPTAIN. Any brand new captain needs to learn how to interpret those bibs and blobs and pay strict attention to what they mean or else they could be in a whole heap of trouble that they can't get out of. And yes, they could be standing next to an experienced captain. But a captain needs to occasionally take a break and that could be the very moment that a situation suddenly occurs.

They are my friend.....
They were the original club from Liverpool
They were founded in 1878....15 years before the other team in the City.
Everton actually played at Anfield until 1891.....when the landlord asked for more money to play there...
They decided to refuse to pay and bought a piece of land on the other side of Stanley Park which they still play at today......Goodison Park.
Liverpool F.C. were then formed and moved into the empty Anfield ground..
There you go Bora....a little bit of information about Merseyside.....sent over to you in Maryland !!!!!.

Thanks for the information MB. Our football just opened camp the last week of July and the season starts in September. Of course a completely different game. I'd like to visit Liverpool one day and do the Beatles tour and maybe see Everton play. Of course I want to concentrate on Holmfirth..

They are my friend.....
They were the original club from Liverpool
They were founded in 1878....15 years before the other team in the City.
Everton actually played at Anfield until 1891.....when the landlord asked for more money to play there...
They decided to refuse to pay and bought a piece of land on the other side of Stanley Park which they still play at today......Goodison Park.
Liverpool F.C. were then formed and moved into the empty Anfield ground..
There you go Bora....a little bit of information about Merseyside.....sent over to you in Maryland !!!!!.
You forgot to say they're affectionately known as the Toffees! But I've never known why is it something to do with Everton mints?

BORA !!!!!...YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY OFF MY CHRISTMAS CARD LIST !!!!!!!.....I am that bitter I won't even have Tomato ketchup in my house because it is red !!!!
Barry....the reason that Everton are nicknamed "The Toffees"..[I have got a few other names I could call them !!!] is because when played at Anfield [between 1878 and 1892] there was a sweet shop called "ye ancient Everton toffee house"...this shop sold sweets to the fans going to the match.
when Everton moved to their new ground [Goodison Park] a sweet shop nearby called "Mother Noblett's" made toffee with white sugar stripes to sell to the crowds...thus...THE EVERTON MINT WAS BORN !!.
We still have a young girl dressed in the attire from the late 18 hundreds walking around edge of the pitch prior to kick off throwing Everton mints into the crowd !!!...........
X!

We still have a young girl dressed in the attire from the late 18 hundreds walking around edge of the pitch prior to kick off throwing Everton mints into the crowd !!!...........

When I used to go to Toon matches in the sixties as a kid I remember a guy going round track next to the Pitch with a huge basket of peanuts in white paper bags shouting Peanuts Peanuts!! [can't recall the derogatory retorts but there were loads] . So a hand at the back would waive to say they wanted a bag and the seller launched them towards the person , all the hands would go up to catch them for a free bag but amazingly they always seemed to find their target . The cash , usually old pennies , was then launched by the buyer , the hands would go up again trying to intercept the cash but again amazingly it would reach the seller and he'd scrat around picking the coins off the track and pitch , it just makes me laugh out loud thinking about it especially compared with the Hospitality today .

The hat was a gift. A woman I know has a sister that lives in Stoke-on-Trent and her husband gave me that, knowing I like hats..

Captain....Everton are so far behind in the hospitality stakes I am sure they still burn witches in the bowels of the stands !!!!...
You have 2 choices......a steak pie...OR a foot long hotdog !!!!!....we used to have Eccles cakes but they were far too exotic for our tastes !!!.
The vegi/vegan option [I have been a vegi for 35 years !!!] is.....the foot long hot dog roll !!!!.
We have Coke.....Oasis fruit drink.....horrible lager...or...horrible cider......you see...they spoil us at Goodison !!!!...no wonder we are all so bitter and twisted !!!!.
X!

Back