Holmfirth Jan 2014

Yes Elmc the church rooms were used for the library. You can walk up the steps next to Sids Cafe behind the church to the road at the top but if you wander off the main path you end up gawping into someones house :]. It's the same walking past Noras/Compos houses you can walk past them and then cut through the terrace upto the main road.

Last edited:
I just had to take the last photo of the fish and chip shop as i drive past it every time i go into Holmfirth, it seems to have been for sale since the trio first wandered through the hills :)

What's the closest intersection to that derelict fish & chip shop? I can't place it, but when I've visited Holmfirth I haven't ventured far from the town center so possibly didn't pass it.

I've enjoyed seeing your photos!

Marianna

Yes Elmc the church rooms were used for the library. You can walk up the steps next to Sids Cafe behind the church

No but the library was filmed at the Methodist church
at the opposite end of the parking lot from the Co-op.
Just down the drive from the Huddersfield Road. Nowhere
near Sid's Cafe.

Out the Woodend Road between Hinchliffe Mill and Holmbridge.

I just looked closely on Google Earth at the small sign beneath the for sale sign on that derelict building. It's marketed as a "building plot for large (illegible). Super view". I can't imaging putting anything large there, but the view is lovely and the side away from the road would catch any sunshine that happened by as it sort of faces south.

Looked for the property on the estate agent's web site, but it isn't shown there. I was curious about what sort of price anyone would have the nerve to ask for the place.

Marianna

No but the library was filmed at the Methodist church
at the opposite end of the parking lot from the Co-op.
Just down the drive from the Huddersfield Road. Nowhere
near Sid's Cafe.

Sorry i was just replying to the other post about whether the road/path leads anywhere-wasn't sure if they meant the one outside Noras or the path past the church next to the Cafe.:]

Back