Hold the Sunset

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I have tried to enjoy this so called comedy from BBC but there seems very little to laugh at, anyone else want to comment, or is it just me,oddly there is a small connection to LOSW

RickAns

I just watched the trailer for this. Not sure what to think about it yet. With John Cleese in there it should be funny. Seems more slapstick type of humor possibly - guy getting stuck in a window. Think I might give this a miss for the time being.

Brian Johns

I just TRIED to watch it. It's not actually bad but it does come across as tedious and boring and slow. I can see where the laughs should be, but the actual wish to laugh isn't there! :confused:

Pearl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not heard of it but I'll look it up so I can join in with the condemnation. Not a fan of John Cleese so that bodes well for me.

wstol

It's quite a poor comedy for John Cleese.

This is his first sitcom since Fawlty Towers, so expectations were high.

I think John Cleese is wasted here, shame Peter Egan only has a few minutes most shows.

If they got rid of the family, and made a sitcom focussing more on Cleese and Egan, and also made it funny, I think we'd get somewhere.

mashibinbin

From what I can see this might have worked as a televisual play like they used to do for things like Natural Causes, Armchair Theatre etc but in present formot it feels stretched and a waste of the talent involved.

wstol

All of what I have seen could have been made into an hour long programme, which would have been equally as uninteresting.