Hello to everyone

Hi Big Unc,
Thanks for the advise. This is the sort of guidance us newbies need. Sometimes we're too eager to get going and use the wrong page for our queries :-[

Hi all, I must be totally thick . I can't find the 'recent posts' page that Big Unc has suggested to open forum. Can you advise please :p

Hi all, I must be totally thick . I can't find the 'recent posts' page that Big Unc has suggested to open forum. Can you advise please :p

Here is the URL for it: http://www.summerwine.net/community/index.php?action=recent
I have that as my Bookmark for the Forum.
To get there on the Forum:
Go to “Home” page. Near bottom there is section “Forum Stats” In amongst that is “View the most recent posts on the forum.” Click on that.

Hi Big Unc,
Thanks for the advise. This is the sort of guidance us newbies need. Sometimes we're too eager to get going and use the wrong page for our queries :-[

Another tip for some maybe. To start a New Topic:
Go to “Home” page.
Click on heading on which you want to raise New Topic – maybe “General Discussion” for example.
That will give you a “New Topic” key.
One thing I have never been able to fathom out:
In “General Category” what is difference between “General Discussion” and “About the series”. The former seems to get most attention so if I start anything (other that "Anything Non related to the Show" which is a totally different category), I usually put it under “General Discussion”

Thanks Big Unc, will start lookin at the latest posts page now but I feel that my queries of the series should be a thread in the 'All about series' page. Hopefully other members will follow and put their questions and queries there too.

Hello Dag I am a newbie as well, great to see you. Yes I noticed the pocket as well, I didn't notice the difference in Cleggs jacket, though I do remember in the one where he gets a large plastic carrot down from above a shop or something his jackets all torn under his arm almost makes Compo look smart !!

Hi Norm, nice to hear from a another newbie.

Yes I had noticed in various episodes that Cleggs jacket was looking a bit tatty. But this was explained in a documentary, about the series, that was shown on the Yesterday channel sometime ago. The programme mentioned that it was Peter Sallis's jacket that he had worn since the start of the series and the production team had to have another made up for him.

Yes a big welcome to our recent new members Dag & Norm,do enjoy visiting the forum and chatting with all the other lovely folk here

Thank you it is great to talk to such lovely friendly folks, LOTSW has helped me to survive this last couple of years I often wonder if everyone connected with it realise just how much good they have done and continue to do. All the Actors did a truly wonderful job (Although I can't resist saying Peter Sallis is my favourite) but they couldn't have done it without the amazing Roy Clarke scripts and Alan Bell with his dedicated band of workers I will be forever grateful to everyone of them.

Thank you it is great to talk to such lovely friendly folks, LOTSW has helped me to survive this last couple of years I often wonder if everyone connected with it realise just how much good they have done and continue to do. All the Actors did a truly wonderful job (Although I can't resist saying Peter Sallis is my favourite) but they couldn't have done it without the amazing Roy Clarke scripts and Alan Bell with his dedicated band of workers I will be forever grateful to everyone of them.

How very true

Back