Hello to everyone

Daveg

Dedicated Member
Hi everybody, thought I would introduce myself. I'm a newbie to the forum (registered yesterday) so treat me carefully!!

I've been a long time fan of L.O.T.S.W and have viewed this site many times - mainly for all the interesting info of the series particularly its many locations used around Holmfirm. I was fortunate to witness the genius, that is, of the acting skills of Bill Owen, Peter Sallis and Frank Thornton when they were filming a scene outside Sid's Cafe for the episode 'Whats happened to Barry's nose?' This was obviously one of Bill Owens final episodes but he still performed very professionally and had time to talk to passersby, like myself. It is a day I will never forget.

Since that day, I have been fascinated in T.V and Film production,which I have had first hand experience being an extra for various T.V and film productions over the past years.

One question I do have for all the forum members. Have you noticed a particular continuity mistake, with the episodes involving a certain 'Foggy Dewhurst'. When he is in an outdoor scene, his khaki combat jacket has a brown top left pocket but when he goes indoors the pocket is a green colour to match the jacket - that's the sort of thing I notice. Sad I know but surely I am not the only one to notice this. Is there anyone who can explain it?

Well, I think Ive took up enough of your valuable time - particularly as this is my introduction message. So I'll bid you goodbye and look forward to hearing from some of you very soon.

Cheers
;)
dag

Welcome dag. :)

My guess would be that as the outdoor shots were done in Yorkshire and indoor shots in London studios he would have had a set of clothes in each of the two locations.

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply. Yes your right in that they would have two seperate sets of clothing but it is a bit of a bad job on the part of the continuity department. I did notice that when Foggy returns to the show for his later episodes (Returning from Wales) they seem to of sorted the problem out.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

Cheers

dag

Similar to the point where Foggy falls in water comes out saturated and back in side wherever he's dry ;)

Hi Dick,

Yeah, that sort thing happens alot in both TV and Film. I think the actors are fed up of being wet and get away with another soaking - if they can! If youve noticed, particularly in recent productions, Directors seem to like it raining alot or is that to replicate British weather. Cue the forever snow scenes then! Not many of those on L.O.T.S.W

Welcome Dag, I notice these things too. :D
Hope you enjoy yourself on the forum. ;D

Thanks to Susan and Amos for your replies. I think I'm going to enjoy it here - going by the last couple of hours communication. You all seem very nice & pleasant people, I wished i had joined the forum sooner. Never mind will I get up to speed :)

welcome dag to the forum, as your probably aware from looking on were an alright bunch on here, everyone is ok towards each other, its always nice to meet another summer wine fan so welcome and enjoy your time on here

Welcome and enjoy the site.

Foggy's jacket developed the lighter green shade on the left top outer pocket during an earlier episode (my guess is Full Steam behind or thereabouts) - obviously something bleached it. Hot steam could have done that!

Another continuity snag is Cleggy's jacket. They had to make a new one after a while (Peter Sallis's own jacket literally fell apart) and the second one had side vents, whereas the original had a centre vent.

Hi Dag and all, I just recently joined also. And I LOVE it. Have long noticed Foggy's discolored pocket too. Good on you, Barmpot regarding Clegg's sport jacket. I heard him speak of it falling apart, but never noticed the vents. I tried to start a Topic ~~ Inconsistencies, but wherever we talk is fine with me. cheers

Welcome ELMC,

Thanks for your reply. Glad I'm not the only one that notices these inconsistences. Which I find quite fun to spot and hopefully, between us and other forum members, we will be able to solve the misteries of the L.O.T.S.W world.
I do have other queries but maybe these should be bashed out in the appropriate columns - see you in there

Hiya Rhi,

Thanks for your welcome. Just getting ready to watch another episode of the series with Compo, Cleggy and Seymour. If there is anything I need answering Ill post it in the 'About the series' column.

See you all there lata

Cheers for now ;)

Similar to the point where Foggy falls in water comes out saturated and back in side wherever he's dry ;)
YES! and Seymour and the crew ~ carrying the 'electric chair' to Wesley's shed. They get soaked by a passing car but are dry on arrival. lol ~~ but I love it all.

Hiya Rhi,

Thanks for your welcome. Just getting ready to watch another episode of the series with Compo, Cleggy and Seymour. If there is anything I need answering Ill post it in the 'About the series' column.

See you all there lata

Cheers for now ;)

Are all newcomers aware you can follow all threads on the "Recent Posts" page. That is where I always open the forum.

Back