Has the weather got worse............?

we've just spent a long weekend in our campervan in windermere. This was the view of the pierhead on sunday, a couple of hundred yards from our site. We had planned to travel around but all the roads in/out of the town were shut by floods.

sheeesh!!:39:

Has the weather got worse...........?

We've just spent a long weekend in our campervan in Windermere. This was the view of the pierhead on Sunday, a couple of hundred yards from our site. We had planned to travel around but all the roads in/out of the town were shut by floods.

Its a dramatic but sadly distressing picture , my local news has been covering the problems tonight apparently one of the ferries on Lake Windermere was tethered to its jetty , the latter was destroyed and the boat ended up holed and sitting on a campsite near the lake , it may never be in service again because so expensive to repair . The saddest and probably most upsetting image was a lady reporter interviewing a lady from Corbridge who had really just recovered from that last time the floods hit and was having to start all over again , she was so distressed . It made you feel like reaching into the TV and giving her a hug , sadly the young female reporter just stood there all professional .

We have been very lucky down here in the west country the weather has not been that bad. I feel so sorry for all those poor people who have been flooded again and just before Christmas, let's hope that's the end of the rain.

Its a dramatic but sadly distressing picture , my local news has been covering the problems tonight apparently one of the ferries on Lake Windermere was tethered to its jetty , the latter was destroyed and the boat ended up holed and sitting on a campsite near the lake , it may never be in service again because so expensive to repair . The saddest and probably most upsetting image was a lady reporter interviewing a lady from Corbridge who had really just recovered from that last time the floods hit and was having to start all over again , she was so distressed . It made you feel like reaching into the TV and giving her a hug , sadly the young female reporter just stood there all professional .
Evening Cpt
just to the left of this pic' there is a tourist information building that was rebuilt after the last flood[2009], at the moment it is having a new roof put on. I was chatting to the people working in there on Friday afternoon about the gales we were experiencing and joking about the roof staying on. The rain started early on Sat' and by Sun' morning it had been flooded again. This building is a good 30 yards from the lake and the water flooded it and the area behind it for another 40-50 yards.
It must be heartbreaking for them and the thousands of householders/shopkeepers/publicans etc who have to go through this again.

Evening Cpt
just to the left of this pic' there is a tourist information building that was rebuilt after the last flood[2009], at the moment it is having a new roof put on. I was chatting to the people working in there on Friday afternoon about the gales we were experiencing and joking about the roof staying on. The rain started early on Sat' and by Sun' morning it had been flooded again. This building is a good 30 yards from the lake and the water flooded it and the area behind it for another 40-50 yards.
It must be heartbreaking for them and the thousands of householders/shopkeepers/publicans etc who have to go through this again.

Its the Bulldog spirit and this won't be beat mentality that must get these people through this abject misery . People in their twilight years should not have to suffer this , I know that with insurance things get replaced but what about unique items such as photographs of loved ones how can you possibly replace them . How do you tell children that they have lost all of their favourite toys they were playing with 24 hours before this happened it must be so difficult.

Sigh !! we are all going to turn into ducks with webbed feet :(:16: seriously though I do feel for the poor folks flooded out it must be heartbreaking for them.

Well, I can't complain as it's supposed to be in the 60's (15C) today and may go up to the 70's (21C). May be a record breaking day, as we've not seen it this warm since the 1800's.

Having had my dungeon flooded in 2000 I can tell you it is not fun, even though I do not actually use that part of the old mansion to live in. Knocked out electrical supply.

However I recall sometime in October we were told to prepare for a really cold winter, lots of snow and so on . Presumably this will come in the New Year?

As it is a white Christmas seems unlikely.

Having had my dungeon flooded in 2000 I can tell you it is not fun, even though I do not actually use that part of the old mansion to live in. Knocked out electrical supply.

However I recall sometime in October we were told to prepare for a really cold winter, lots of snow and so on . Presumably this will come in the New Year?

As it is a white Christmas seems unlikely.

We've had the same warning for the last few years and it's come to nothing, I'm of the belief they're just trying to cheer me up, it's a barmy 14 tonight and I'm seriously thinking of opening another window. With blossom on the trees and the daffy bulbs sprouting out you'd think we were heading into spring.

We've had the same warning for the last few years and it's come to nothing, I'm of the belief they're just trying to cheer me up, it's a barmy 14 tonight and I'm seriously thinking of opening another window. With blossom on the trees and the daffy bulbs sprouting out you'd think we were heading into spring.

Article in the paper the other day, family down in the south have 31 spring and summer flowers in bloom at the moment! ;D :confused:

Article in the paper the other day, family down in the south have 31 spring and summer flowers in bloom at the moment! ;D :confused:

The worlds gone mad, I'm fed up with playing the Hokey Cokey with the bed covers all night.

Has the weather got worse...............?

It does have an adverse effect on other things . The Supermarkets are left with thousands of Snowmen's noses sat on the Veg Section and equally vast numbers of Men and Women still have last years awful present of a scarf left in their drawers because there are no snowmen to give them to . It would be great to re-model the Snowmen's expression , when you tie the scarf around it's neck ,to reflect Men and Women's reaction when they received the scarf :wink: --:mad:

Some one haas posted a picture today showing the daffs coming up!

They will be sorry when it snows!

Hi everyone. What a change in the the weather it's freezing out there now, take care if you are out and about in any snow , put plenty of layer's on. (Sorry for sounding like a nurse). Take care X.

Can anyone spell "GLOBAL WARMING?" Whether it is natural, i.e., Mother Nature or man-induced, this mighty Orb is warming up. Polar bears are drowning, certain species in South America are under threat, and the weather is getting weirder and weirder, so on and so forth; the bottom line is that this grand Globe, this Blue Marble is warming up.

Hi to everyone in the USA. It look's like some very bad weather is heading for the east coast Washington etc. If anyone is in that area please take care and stay safe. Hope it does not last long.

Back