Forum Update

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Just to confirm the forum software in being updated around the end of July,will confirm the date nearer the time, the plan (yes we have a plan) is to take the forum down to do the update which will take between 1 and 2 hours,so if you visit during those times you will get a maintenance message instead of the forum,the new software uses new themes and you will have a choice of 7 themes to choose from,other than that it will look and work much the same,there is no need to change any user data like the last time.

There will be a few added features one I spotted on the preview is you can see the shout box without logging in,though you cannot shout without logging in,it also detects when a member switches on their kettle so we can all dash round for a cuppa

Support for the current software will come to an end later this year,so we thought lets get it done rather than a last minute rush

Terry, will the chat box be made public? I'm mindful that the rest of the forum is public. I quite like the chat box being private.

Does it also know when you are opening the biscuits to go with the tea.

I don't mind supplying tea buts its bring your own when it comes to biscuits. Its bad enough fending off the biscuits sharks that live here :mad::mad:

Terry, will the chat box be made public? I'm mindful that the rest of the forum is public. I quite like the chat box being private.

I see where you going with this Pearl,you will only see the chat box in public mode not be able to post,now would that invite folk in seeing how we are such a friendly bunch,should we have a quick poll to decide,that's if it can be hidden,I will have to talk to Tony after he has had his assessment at the asylum

I see where you going with this Pearl,you will only see the chat box in public mode not be able to post,now would that invite folk in seeing how we are such a friendly bunch,should we have a quick poll to decide,that's if it can be hidden,I will have to talk to Tony after he has had his assessment at the asylum

Friendly?? Have you been reading it??

Ask Dick how much love and friendliness he feels when I've been on at him! :46:

He now answers to " OI You" :D I think I'm much friendlier on the public posts than I am on the private chat box so if you want to expose the general public to that then you only have yourself to blame :D

To have my 2pence worth. I like that its private and I think I'd be more watchful of what I post but if you decide you want to make it public then I'll support that decision of cause.

I think a poll would be helpful just to gage everyones opinion on it. :14:

We could have our own Scottish Referendum :D :35::35:

Friendly?? Have you been reading it??

To have my 2pence worth. I like that its private and I think I'd be more watchful of what I post but if you decide you want to make it public then I'll support that decision of cause.

I think a poll would be helpful just to gage everyones opinion on it. :14:

We could have our own Scottish Referendum :D :35::35:

An IN or OUT vote - Hoots mon!! :( :confused: 8)

Must say I had not realised that it was private - my computer is set up to go straight to the forum with chat.

The public would see that we really like each other if only we could put more smileys in!! :37: :17: :37: :17:

better stop before I hit 14 and get told off!:02: :unhappy: :mad:

Terry,

In the new software, will access to the chat box archive open in a new window as it does in the current software? For some reason, I still don't expect it to do that and I end up with two Summerwine.net tabs in Firefox. If that's the way it will have to be I suppose I'll get used to it eventually, so really a trivial concern.

Marianna

Back