Forum Update

Terry,

In the new software, will access to the chat box archive open in a new window as it does in the current software? For some reason, I still don't expect it to do that and I end up with two Summerwine.net tabs in Firefox. If that's the way it will have to be I suppose I'll get used to it eventually, so really a trivial concern.

Marianna

It does not open a new window for me in chrome,what browser are you using,Terry

In the new software, will access to the chat box archive open in a new window as it does in the current software? For some reason, I still don't expect it to do that and I end up with two Summerwine.net tabs in Firefox. If that's the way it will have to be I suppose I'll get used to it eventually, so really a trivial concern.
I use Firefox. With default settings, selecting the Archive will open in a new tab, I reconfigure Firefox to open all new pages in a new window, so no spurious tabs! Tabs can be annoying.

I use Firefox. With default settings, selecting the Archive will open in a new tab, I reconfigure Firefox to open all new pages in a new window, so no spurious tabs! Tabs can be annoying.

I use Firefox and I find having pages open in new windows leaves me even more lost than having them open in a new tab. Either way, when a link opens in a new tab or new window I'm more likely than not to go on working in that one for quite a while before I go to switch to another tab of my default six open ones and realize that I'm not where I expected to be.

What I was really hoping for was for the Chat archive to open in the current window with a menu option on each of its pages to go back to the default 'short' view.

Marianna

What I was really hoping for was for the Chat archive to open in the current window with a menu option on each of its pages to go back to the default 'short' view.

I'm pretty sure that would be possible, what do other people feel about this please?

Noted this thread is doing a Topsy.

Any chance of restoring the 'Recent Posts' page like what we used to have. I still think it the feature most missed after our last update (or was it the one before that?).

Noted this thread is doing a Topsy.

Any chance of restoring the 'Recent Posts' page like what we used to have. I still think it the feature most missed after our last update (or was it the one before that?).

We are getting as bad as a government department which goes through endless re-organisations! I survived the 1974, the 1982, 1986, 1989 NHS ones but lost out in the 1991 one so changed jobs!

I can see the value of a 'recent posts' and would concur with every word you say ...

I really feel that I must put right a couple of things here.
Firstly, this is SIMPLY a software update, nothing more, nothing less! I will NOT be adding or subtracting anything at all.
There will be differences in the layout (æsthetically speaking), but only what is embedded within the updated software. There will also be additional features, but again, only what comes with the updated software.
The shoutbox will be the same (I mean that literally), the "Thank You" and "Like" for the posts will remain the same.

Because this is an update everything else will remain the same. All the features that are here now will be available, and in the same places. There will be no need for any of you to do anything at all, the Usernames and Passwords will stay the same, the Avatars will still be there, and the UserCP (User Control Panel) will still be the place to edit your personal preferences.

Oops, have I been stirring it again :me:

Last edited:
I really feel that I must put right a couple of things here.
Firstly, this is SIMPLY a software update, nothing more, nothing less! I will NOT be adding or subtracting anything at all.
Oops, have I been stirring it again :me:

just because you have said that does not mean that we will not start dreaming of the perfect website. Of course the only snag is what is perfect for me would not suit Big Unc, Pearl, Dick et al. And what is perfect for each of them ...

need I go on? :42: :42: :me: :me:

Back