February 2014 Ask Susan-Pearl

you have said Wally and Clegg are your favourite characters but have you a favourite character introduced post Compo? cause lets be honest it was a different show without Compo

I liked Entwhistle I think he fitted in well and it was nice to see someone different his character was a one off. I liked that Cooper and Walsh seemed come forward a bit more too after Compo died.
I'd love to see a live show of their's. :)

8) Do you ever wonder what it would have been like at one of the ladies "Coffee Mornings??!" ;)

8) Do you ever wonder what it would have been like at one of the ladies "Coffee Mornings??!" ;)

Sorry Dick didn't see your question there, been a long day. ::)

Yes all the time, I'd love a good chat with the ladies. I could pick up all sorts of good advice about handling the men folk ;D ;D

Sorry Dick didn't see your question there, been a long day. ::)

Yes all the time, I'd love a good chat with the ladies. I could pick up all sorts of good advice about handling the men folk ;D ;D
I don't think you'd need the advice ;) Probably be telling Edie "Drink your coffee :eek:"

Can you pick out the most embarrassing and funniest situation you have gotten yourself into?

What is your best meal your family has said that you fix?

I'm told a do a great shepherds pie and their always clamouring to be invited to a roast beef dinner. I also do a good panack and lovely liver and onions.

I do mainly traditional food, just basic English fair. I don't like spicy food.

Its onions, corned beef, bacon veg, thick gravy in a baking dish with sliced potato on top baked in the oven slowly.

Some people use mince and corned beef with onions gravy and sliced potato. You can shove any odd bits of left over meet in it so its different every time. :D

Can you pick out the most embarrassing and funniest situation you have gotten yourself into?

OK Beth,
About 8 years ago me, my husband, our two daughters and the 2 eldest granddaughters all went on holiday to Summerset. We had an 8 birth caravan and took two car my husband driving our car with the 2 babies, because our car was bigger and the two girls where in the youngest daughters car. you'll note that in another post I mention we have a habit/hobby of getting lost! From where we were staying we travelled all round we went to Cheddar Gorge and Stonehenge amongst other places. We went somewhere different every day. We had our useless map and Kim followed us in her car with me keeping in touch with Zoe on the phone. Well we kept getting lost and for some unknown reason always ended up in a place called Shepton Mallet it became a joke that all roads lead to Shepton Mallet, when we were at Cheddar Gorge Kim's car broke down and she had to get it towed to a garage to get fixed so the next day being down one car we decided to take a bus to Weston-Super-Mare for the day, when we all got on the bus it was full down stairs so me and girls took the babies upstairs and I told Eddie to pay for everyone while I helped with the pushchairs and bags we got half way up the stairs and all of a sudden we heard in very loud voice " HOW MUCH?" The whole bus just erupted into fits of laughter, by the time he got up stairs he was clutching wallet has if he'd been shot. Everyone was looking at us and still laughing and I said to him " Did you have to scream like girl?" he said " YES Yes I bloody did" We were on that bus for an hour and people kept giggling for the whole time.

On the way home we were on the M4 which leads to the Midlands and there is a junction that takes you to Wales! We stayed on the motor way heading to the Midlands, when I looked out the window I could see Kim's car steaming past us on the slip road to Wales I could see Zoe waving as she went past, I got on the phone and said " Why the hell are you going to Wales?" she said " I don't know, Kim lost concentration for a second went the wrong way" I told her she needed to get back on the M4 and Eddie shouts " No its to late now she'll have to rejoin the motor further down" But of cause Zoe had already said " Mam said get back on the motorway" She Kim did no more then cross back over all the chevrons and 2 lanes of traffic like some crazed racing driver. When they got back behind us I looked to the mirror and could see Zoe clinging onto the dashboard for grim life, her knuckles where white.

For ages after that we watched Camera Police Action waiting to see Kim's car doing death defying stunts on the motorway. :me: :me:

Its onions, corned beef, bacon veg, thick gravy in a baking dish with sliced potato on top baked in the oven slowly.

Some people use mince and corned beef with onions gravy and sliced potato. You can shove any odd bits of left over meet in it so its different every time. :D
Thankyou, must try that someday. Would make a nice change. Assume it can be frozen?? :p :p :D

Watched "A Short Blast of Fred Astaire " earlier . Noticed your namesake dancing, would you be any good at it? ;) ;)

Thankyou, must try that someday. Would make a nice change. Assume it can be frozen?? :p :p :D

Yes it can. Actually if you make it the day before and put it in the fridge it tastes better :D

Watched "A Short Blast of Fred Astaire " earlier . Noticed your namesake dancing, would you be any good at it? ;) ;)

With my two left feet?

We did line dancing once but with my no sense of balance and the fact I don't know the difference between left and right meant I kept turning the wrong way, going dizzy and banging into the people around me. I used go home looking like I'd done 5 round with Mohammed Ali. ::)

I used to like head banging to Gun's and Rose's ;D ;D

Your story was absolutely hysterical! I bet when you all are together that probably comes up at least once a year! ;D

Back