Favourite scene.

Got it. We have something similar hear in the states. There is AAFES (Army and Air Force Exchange Service) where service members shop for goods, groceries and general services (barber shop, auto repair shop, etc). Some of the money generated there is put into the MWR program (Morale, Welfare and Recreation). The MWR runs leisure services, such as fitness centers, pools, marinas, bowling centers, golf courses, restaurants, etc which are usually free for service members and their dependents.

Yes, I recall the PX from my many visits when working and visiting US Navy sites.

I never bothered to look up what NAAFI meant, I figured out by the context that it was being used in their conversation that it was like the PX here in the States.

I never bothered to look up what NAAFI meant, I figured out by the context that it was being used in their conversation that it was like the PX here in the States.
Excuse my ignorance Ron-po but what is PX? Also I`m wondering about the name Ron-Po and how you came up with it? ;) :D ;) :D

Well John, I see Big Unc has already answered your first question, thanks Unc. As for my name, I saw someone else had already taken the name Compo, so I combined my name, Ron, and Compo to come up with Ron-po. ;D

Well John, I see Big Unc has already answered your first question, thanks Unc. As for my name, I saw someone else had already taken the name Compo, so I combined my name, Ron, and Compo to come up with Ron-po. ;D
Ok Ron, just wondered. Now I can sleep easy tonight! ;D ;D ;D

Love the barbershop scene in the first episode with Frank Middlemass. Smoking a cigarette, cutting hair and talking all at the same time.
The end of Pate and Chips where they are on the steps of Compo's house sharing a last drink from the same can. Blamire toasting "the lady who managed the NAAFI on Ozworth street during the war, the one with the glasses."
That is an excellent scene too Don :) ;) :D ;D
Oh Yes! The barbershop is great. And I know Frank M. as Lionel Hardcastle's father in As Time Goes BY.

ok all, I hope you don't mind, but I have forgotten how to start a new topic. So, may I use this one? It's sort of similar.
Here it is: Odd Questions.
What's the name of the shop at the end of Nora and Compo's lane?

Very good Ron-po . . . .
Okay, now. . . In the very beginning of the series how much was a cup of tea in the Café?

very close . . . 7p . . . which is odd because it seems all the business world rounds up.

okay, here is another. What two faces ( at separate times )did Cyril and Clegg draw on Compo through the library window?

ok, yes . . .I also thought the clown was meant to be Charlie Chaplin . . . because of the face he makes, twitching his nose, but that's just me, lol

phoarrrrrr . . really? not Foggy. it was about Marshal Foch, allied commander, WWI ~ Frenchman , I believe

Back