Favourite flavor crisps

I really love flamin' hot monster munch, they are gorgeous although the wife hates the smell saying they make me smell like an old man ???

Also loved these salt and vinegar sticks my granny used to buy me from Marks and Spencer.

Marks and Spencer?? Ooh posh :D
My grandaughter loves Prawn Cocktail, I think they stink !

Me too !!! Although my grandkids love em. If we or their mum buy multipacks we always have a big tradeoff.Their salt n vinegar,plain and cheese n onion for our chicken ,prawn and worcester sauce etc ;D

Yeah, I know that y'all have never heard of them, buttt....

State Line Potato Chips made near Springfield Mass
in the 50's.

During holidays to the USA in the late nineties and early 2000s i used to like Lays potato chips which came in super size bags and chips called Ruffles?.I remember buying some Lays in a store in New York in early 2001 and some Ruffles in a store just off Post street in San francisco on a cold day in 1998.Wonderful times....

Following up on the American chips topic. Lays are the 2nd best brand, behind Utz's. Although I am biased because I am a central Pennsylvania native and that is a regional company that is going national.

I will go with Hand Cooked Kettle Crisp Potato chips for a really rich, fatty, crispy, potato flavor.

Me too !!! Although my grandkids love em. If we or their mum buy multipacks we always have a big tradeoff.Their salt n vinegar,plain and cheese n onion for our chicken ,prawn and worcester sauce etc ;D

Now thats a great family ;D

When I was a kid,I loved Tudor plain crisps with a drop of the vinegar from pickled onions.Eat the crisps and drink the vinegar when they were finished

Just changing direction to biscuits does any one remember a chocolate biscuit bar call Bandit i think it had a irritating advert on the telly and i think they were around in the early eighties along with a biscuit called Trio?

Trio's were lovely, came in a Red and Gold wrapper. I vahuely recall Bandits.

Trio's were lovely, came in a Red and Gold wrapper. I vahuely recall Bandits.

Yes thats it Rob i remember them now i think they had a caramel filling?I also recall somthing called a Texan bar which i think was nougat and chocolate and also Toffos.

Trios were a chocolate biscuit but had a layer of Caramel under the chocolate on the top, they were nice. Hmmmm, not sure about Texan bars, certainly remember Toffo's though, my fave sweet as a kid. The red coloured tube were plain, Blue were assorted flavours like Banana and Strawberry.

Just changing direction to biscuits does any one remember a chocolate biscuit bar call Bandit i think it had a irritating advert on the telly and i think they were around in the early eighties along with a biscuit called Trio?

"Unwrap a Bandit my friend if you know what's good for you"

Dont lets get started on Wagon Wheels and the changing size purleeez >:( ;)

Thats it George.by the way can you still buy Nik Naks.

Yeah, most Supermarkets sell them mate. There used to be better flavours than those left now. Bacon in the red packet were nice, as were Scampy and Lemon. I like Nik Naks.

Thats it George.by the way can you still buy Nik Naks.

Yeah, most Supermarkets sell them mate. There used to be better flavours than those left now. Bacon in the red packet were nice, as were Scampy and Lemon. I like Nik Naks.

Thanks Rob

Sorry but it has to be said, there are way smaller and they don't taste the same :'(
Also you can only buy Lincoln biscuits in Ireland now !

Sorry but it has to be said, there are way smaller and they don't taste the same :'(
Also you can only buy Lincoln biscuits in Ireland now !

Lincoln are my fave biscuits of all time such a shame you cannot get them over here although i must admit that i have got a thing for bourbons or jammie rings.

Back to crisps does anyone remember a brand called Chipmunk their ready salted flavour were one of the best we used to get them in a shop called Prestos. :)

Sorry Susan , thinking about the size and taste(of Wagon Wheels) we had a family debate about those among others. The general opinion was that once a company is taken over or moves abroad everything goes to pot! Cadbury's Dairy Milk is surely a case in point. What do you think?? :)

Sorry Susan , thinking about the size and taste(of Wagon Wheels) we had a family debate about those among others. The general opinion was that once a company is taken over or moves abroad everything goes to pot! Cadbury's Dairy Milk is surely a case in point. What do you think?? :)

Sad to say I have to agree with you. Correct me if I am wrong but has the HP Sauce and Tetley tea emigrated to America??? Shame if they did...

Back