Any Problems

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a problems with anything on the new forum please post it here and I will deal with it over the next few days,Terry

We have already noted the anomaly of links on the Home Page Index taking us to the first page on a thread vice "Recent Posts" links taking us more conveniently to the last and more relevant page. But I am sure you have a note of that.

I have just noted another anomaly concerning my favourite and starting point, "Recent Posts". On this compilation "thread" the most recent postings are on Page 1. In contrast and conversely, for another thread I hit frequently, "Jokes bad or otherwise", the most recent postings are on the highest number page. I assume that true of the other threads.

I've noticed one anomaly compared to previously, I like to keep a copy of my "sent" messages for a while, how do I access my outbox please .?? There doesn't seem to be a heading for it. (or am I being a bit dense and not seeing it? :-[

I've noticed one anomaly compared to previously, I like to keep a copy of my "sent" messages for a while, how do I access my outbox please .?? There doesn't seem to be a heading for it. (or am I being a bit dense and not seeing it? :-[

Select “My Messages”
You will default to “inbox”
Along top are three options, “Messages”, “Actions”, “Preferences”
Under “Messages” are three options, bottom of which is “Sent Items”.
That is what you are after (vice "outbox")

Hi Dick
When you click on my messages, on the left side is several options and one is Sent Items
Terry

Hi Dick
When you click on my messages, on the left side is several options and one is Sent Items
Terry

Puzzled. That does not work for me. I do have to go through the routine I set out, viz:
Select “My Messages”

Hi Dick
Terry

Puzzled. That does not work for me. I do have to go through the routine I set out, viz:
Select “My Messages”
Sorry Unc , only saw Terry's reply on the bottom of the page so I did not scroll back to yours, Both work for me thank you! :)

Hello
Having a bit of trouble finding my way round just need to get used to it, not the forums fault mine ;D
I may be quiet for a while until I can get into it again. ;)

Yes Susan I am trying to find my way around, its like anything else thats new it takes a while and my first reaction is I dont like it, but I am sure it will grow on me.

As we were moving to more reliable servers it made good sense to upgrade the forum software,main reason being it is more secure,which has to be a plus for all of us,I agree there is a learning curve which will take all of us including me a while to figure out,I am sure odd issues will crop up for a few weeks yet and given time we will all be using it with no problems

[glow=red,2,300]Keep your Chins up[/glow]

Sudden thought. Query all this updating/enhancements/improvements/modifications, is there any financial implication? Is it time for us to cough up a wee bawbie or two to help with costs?

Sudden thought. Query all this updating/enhancements/improvements/modifications, is there any financial implication? Is it time for us to cough up a wee bawbie or two to help with costs?

Hi Unc

Yes there is a cost and thanks for thinking about it,there will also be added cost as the mirror site will also need paying for and at the moment the auto update of the mirror might be a option,so it will pretty much be up to date,I normally wait until the renewal date which was normally end of January time which was also the forums birthday,of course the renewal date has now changed,so maybe other members can voice their opinion if I should start busking now or wait until January,Terry

Hi Unc

Yes there is a cost and thanks for thinking about it,there will also be added cost as the mirror site will also need paying for and at the moment the auto update of the mirror might be a option,so it will pretty much be up to date,I normally wait until the renewal date which was normally end of January time which was also the forums birthday,of course the renewal date has now changed,so maybe other members can voice their opinion if I should start busking now or wait until January,Terry

As far as I am concerned, if you need it now you need it now so go for it.

I go to the Forum.

I click About The Series

I click Compo's Thursdays

It takes me to page/section/group 1 of 2 (1 being the
oldest set of comments).

Why does it not take me to the end of the comments
where I can add a new comment. Instead it takes me
to the beginning of the comments, so I have to select
whatever is the last page/section/group of comments
for that thread.

Comprendex -vous???

Hi Unc

If there is not enough in the kitty then I suggest we all make a donation - last time I seem to recall it was not a great deal per person. Might as well do it now - in January or so we can spend our money on a birthday party!

Back