Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
I took a couple of painkillers this afternoon, Paracetamol, and in no time I was zzzzzzzzzzzonked:07:. Painkillers always have this effect on me. I have tried paracetamol that are supposed to keep me awake but they make me ill. Does anyone else have this problem?

Afraid not rarely take Paracetamol and when I have had no issues certainly not nodding orf . I know people take them when they have a hangover but on the very rare occasions I had one in my early days I opted for either a greasy cooked brekkie or the universal cure as witnessed in all English city centres on a Sunday morning .... A bottle of lucozade ........see someone with a bottle of lucozade in the morning and you know they have a hangover. :fp::18:

I worked with a guy who said enough is enough . He had a major accident breaking several bones and had all sorts of issues. He ended up taking Warfarin and he would often turn up for work in the afternoon because it really made him so tired . In the end he took the decision to tell his Doctor he was stopping taking it and was going to take a couple shots of Whisky to help thin his blood which was far more pleasurable . He continued in that vein and was a lot more punctual in the context of turning up for work . All of this was at least 20 years ago and I saw him a couple of months back he is still alive and kicking and he still maintains that stance . I am not in anyway condoning what he did but it does make you wonder.

Were the painkillers for your shoulder Peri?
I had a broken shoulder some years ago (very painful and has left me with reduced mobility in that arm) and was on a cocktail of paracetamol, ibuprofen and dihydrocodeine to start with, but on the non-drug front, also found those wheat bag thingies you can buy from the chemist incredibly helpful (warmed in the microwave with just a sprinkle of water to keep them moist). The long oblong ones are the best as you can wrap them round the painful bit.

Yes, they are for my shoulder JB. I have a damaged rotator cuff which can take 6 months to years to get back to normal. I will definitely get started on a wheat bag later today. The physio told me to use ice packs. That is something I do not fancy. Thanks for the info. It is my right shoulder and I am right handed so I am learning to become ambiwotstruss. :confused:

They started me on a new tablet for my ticker a few months ago. I have to watch just when I take it , late evening is too late because I can sleep for England otherwise. If I am not up at around 8 or 9 I get the neighbours knocking to check that I am o k !:eyesroll:

They started me on a new tablet for my ticker a few months ago. I have to watch just when I take it , late evening is too late because I can sleep for England otherwise. If I am not up at around 8 or 9 I get the neighbours knocking to check that I am o k !:eyesroll:
Which heart tablet are you on Dick?. The neighbour you get to give you a knock doesn't wear wrinkled stockings does she?

It's a combination of Atorvastatin 40mg and Losartan .Actually two different tabs. Makes a grand total of 17 including 3 inhalers. None of the doctors and/or practice nurses have time to check whether tablet A is reacting with tablet B etc and the pharmacy are getting as bad. So long as I can get dressed in the morning I am trying not to worry too much.

OK, Losartan is a blood pressure medication and the side effects are: body aches or pain; decreased vision; dry cough; ear congestion; loss of voice; nasal congestion; or a runny nose.

The side effects of Atovastatin are liver problems which can result in feeling tired or weak or have a loss of appetite, upper belly pain, dark amber colored urine or yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes. Other common side effects are diarrhea, upset stomach, muscle and joint pain, and changes in some blood tests.

Your pharmacy should be able to give you an information sheet which should include information on tablet reactions.

Back