Yet Another Bridge

cciaffone

Dedicated Member
Just watched "Ironing Day" and earlier episodes
(series 20 by my count) and there has been a
really small, fake-looking arched bridge over a small
stream. Am I right in guessing that this bridge may
be a "made for tv" bridge?

That's what I'm guessing. It's filmed over at Marsden between Hey Green and the Tunnel End Pub. Terry has it marked on the map. I've looked at GoogleEarth several times and I think with two different satellite views and have not seen the bridge itself, so it must be a prop.

Also, at this location on Waters Road is where two scenes from "The Man Who Nearly Knew Pavarotti" were filmed. When Foggy was going on about techniques to kill a person with the man waiting for a bus and the scene where Billy Ingleton was almost run over by Wesley and the trio.

I was staying just up the road from where this bridge was erected, the first episode it was seen in was The Pony Set. I got talking to a security guard who was employed to watch over the bridge all the time that it was needed, which was several weeks. He told me that if he was not there someone would nick it, hard to believe but true. Also while watching some of the filming of Pony Set I had the pleasure of meeting Stephan Paczai who was designer of lotsw for several episodes.

I recall that there were quite a few fake bits of architecture over the years and there may well have been more than one such fake bridge. See page 120 of the Bright & Ross book , published 2000.

Back