xmas shopping

They will soon be selling small scales for us to weigh our letters. LOL

I have been wondering for a while now how the post is doing with people opting to send emails. They must be losing money. But I am told they still make a lot with parcels etc.

All shopping done for xmas' Now waiting for any bargains in the January sales.Will proberly go to the Big Smoke(London) :)

Amos we will be in London for New Year. Where is this shop you called Big Smoke???

Amos we will be in London for New Year. Where is this shop you called Big Smoke???

One problem with this forum - one is never sure if a question is serious. I know Compo is in Malta. Maybe I should just say that for Big Smoke think Big Apple. Actually, I always refer to it as "The Smoke".

I work as a manager at a large Department Store so Christmas has been going on since the second week of September. I don't put up a tree at home, but I do put up six at the store, and that is enough! I do love Christmas music though!

Did mine this morning at 6.30 whilst eating breakfast. Thank heavens for Amazon :)

Went to Matalan yesterday,spent 45 mins shopping then spent 20 minutes queuing to pay, there was a large queue for paying and only 2 staff on the tills, just as it was my turn to pay another 4 staff appeared and every thing started to move again, it was not lunch time,so where were they hiding and where was the shop manager not to spot the problem,there seems to be a lot of this happening,there is enough people out of work and would jump at the chance of a job,so I see it that this type of store want to take your money,spends a fortune on TV advertising,yet misses out when it comes to customer service, on top of this there were half empty boxes just where you could trip over them around the store or they are in the way if you need to get a trolley somewhere.

Completely agree with you there Terry, especially the box's Morrison's is a nighmare for it!

I have to say Amazon came though for me, got an email yesterday saying it was all dipached and would arrive about Saturday and it turned up today! So that's me doneish!!!

Completely agree with you there Terry, especially the box's Morrison's is a nighmare for it!

I have to say Amazon came though for me, got an email yesterday saying it was all dipached and would arrive about Saturday and it turned up today! So that's me doneish!!!

Glad you got yours so quick from Amazon,I have a Prime account and 7 times this year stuff sent by HDNL has been a day late,on top of that each time HDNL claimed to of tried to deliver,left a card etc,every time we have been here and no card,each time Amazon have added another month to my Prime account,with the same thing happening last year I have had over a year free prime account,Amazon are fully aware how bad this delivery company are yet continue to use them,so they must be very cheap to use

Back