Wilko the Sequel

Yes I read that too today, a bit of good news only 5 initially but hopefully more to follow.....
I really hope people really start to support it and perhaps next time they're thinking of closing a well loved chain they'll think twice.....

I've just spotted that very shop in an episode, does anyone else know which one it featured in fleetingly ?

Wilko coming back would be a great thing for the high street. I get fed up with so many empty units that only become pop up shops or Vape Stores

They should ban companies from selling online if they have physical High Street stores. Make the High Street a treat to visit.

They should ban companies from selling online if they have physical High Street stores. Make the High Street a treat to visit.
That's a great idea, but I don't think it would work. It would just encourage more high street shops to close and go online only.

My solution would be to have a higher rate of VAT on online purchases than buying in physical shops, that could hopefully redress the balance a little. I see so many people examining goods in high street shops with mobile phone in hand looking to buy said item cheaper online.

If you look behind the left arm of Smiler in Merry Jackson & Entwistle Day you can see said store. It does look clearer in the episode than on my screen grab!

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 21.37.51.png

That's a great idea, but I don't think it would work. It would just encourage more high street shops to close and go online only.

My solution would be to have a higher rate of VAT on online purchases than buying in physical shops, that could hopefully redress the balance a little. I see so many people examining goods in high street shops with mobile phone in hand looking to buy said item cheaper online.
Perhaps you are right Barry. Make online purchases more expensive then the High Street. People are always going to go to the cheapest place.

Back