Who's Looking After the Cafe Then?

There is a Marmite show which has been on radio and is now on TV , Count Arthur Strong . I have to say I am a like Marmite person in the context of the show . On the radio version Steve Delaney, the star and writer , makes good use of such malapropisms such as after flying he feared he had suffered a DVT or a Deep Vein Tombola.

There is a Marmite show which has been on radio and is now on TV , Count Arthur Strong . I have to say I am a like Marmite person in the context of the show . On the radio version Steve Delaney, the star and writer , makes good use of such malapropisms such as after flying he feared he had suffered a DVT or a Deep Vein Tombola.

HYLDA BAKER used to be brilliant at those. If you can ,catch her' s and ARTHUR MULLARDS version of Olivia Newton John and John Travolta doing "You're the one that I want!"

For a moment I thought you were writing about sponsored wireless programmes as we used to get on Radio Luxembourg (cue Horace Batchelor Show) with the words 'Marmite show' then I twigged - or should that be twiggletted?

I have added to this thread simply because there are two episodes of Count Arthur's Radio Show Christmas specials being broadcast over the festive period . The 2015 special was broadcast on Radio 4 extra last night and is now on the BBC Sounds app . The new 2019 Christmas episode Good King Senseless is on Christmas Day at 11.30 am on Radio 4 and thereafter on the Sounds app . If there are any fans on the site I am sure they
already know this for those who would like a change from the run of the mill drivel on TV then give the show a listen .

I have added to this thread simply because there are two episodes of Count Arthur's Radio Show Christmas specials being broadcast over the festive period . The 2015 special was broadcast on Radio 4 extra last night and is now on the BBC Sounds app . The new 2019 Christmas episode Good King Senseless is on Christmas Day at 11.30 am on Radio 4 and thereafter on the Sounds app . If there are any fans on the site I am sure they
already know this for those who would like a change from the run of the mill drivel on TV then give the show a listen .
I’m a big fan and I’ve even got tickets to see him in March ! But I didn’t know he was on, I’ll definitely catch it ! On a similar note The Shuttleworths were also on R4, if you’re a fan.

I'm not sure if many of you are familiar with the John Shuttleworth character, but he would've made an absolutely brilliant one off or regular character in LOTSW. He appeared on one episode of Count Arthur Strong and he was absolutely brilliant.

I am indeed familiar with him and he would be a shoe in for a glum but humorous character in LOTSW . He has appeared quite a lot of chat and comedy shows I have seen sadly he hasn't perhaps had the recognition he richly deserves . He appeared around the same time as the sadly departed Frank Sidebottom who perhaps even more Avant Garde keep meaning to watch the Being Frank the Chris Sievey story film .

Back