Where did Ivy cook?

That is a really good point, the lady who owns the cafe is lovely and I'm sure she'd be open to good ideas. I'm not even a big fan of sticky buns but I'd try one if they were sold there!!!!

I agree but thinking from a business point of view they'd either have to make them and cost of ingredients , time , effort and pressure [if they sell well they have to increase numbers , if they don't then wasted costs] , have to make daily or possibly every other day not sure if they could be as good next day with icing hardening possibly all detract from that route.

Buying in offers up finding a supplier who can provide the quality that keeps people buying them , the cost is going to be quite high so profit margin will be low and again is the demand there , how many do you buy and are you are left with them on your hands . M and S Cafe sell sticky current buns which are plastic wrapped and there always loads of them available which speaks volumes.

In Whitby Botham's lemon iced buns are infamous and sell well but I went at closing time in one of their shops and there was a basket full of them left . I bought 6 had two on the day , delicious, two next day not so great and two next day tough eat and very dry .

Sorry to dampen the enthusiasm but just trying to put a realistic slant on the discussion.

Things to serve in Sid/Ivy/Crusher's cafe...

Sticky Buns
Duo Cream Slice and Vanilla slice side by side
Scones for aspiring horror actors that nearly knew Pavarotti
Weak tea
Saucers for drinking sa
A plate of alphabeti spaghetti that spells around the plate Y O R K S H I R E (and if you take a good bite it has to taste terrible)
A rather oversized eclair for members of the Dame Thora Hird appreciation society id tea

Back