What's Up With New Tricks??

cciaffone

Dedicated Member
Just downloaded the first episode of the new series,
and it came with warnings, esp about James Bolam.

What's happening????

It was a bit strange. James Bolam had announced some time ago that he was not going to carry on with the show. They seem to have persuaded him to do one last episode. I won't spoil it for anyone by telling you just how Jack left, and I need to watch again to understand the plot properly. I am wondering if his wife, who plays Esther, is leaving as well. I have read that Dennis Lawson is to join the team. That should be interesting.
I will say that It worried me that the Government official was so devious, I didn't feel that he was acting at all!!

Me too Ess, but I don't see how it will work with 3 of the stars leaving.

Watched the first episode of the new series last night.
Not gonna give away anything, but I thought it was
nowhere near as good as the older episodes. Ended
up more lost than anything.

Will have to watch latest episode on iPlayer. But from what I have read, only James Bolam goes imminently. Alun Armstrong will do Series #10 (2013) and Amanda Redman will be in that series partially. It has had a good run.

Watched the first episode of the new series last night.
Not gonna give away anything, but I thought it was
nowhere near as good as the older episodes. Ended
up more lost than anything.

I am changing my name to 'confused.com.'

I do enjoy Lewis. I loved Morse and I thought, when Lewis started, will this work? But you know, I think I like it better! Yeah, George Gently, great show. Anything with Martin Shaw! For a bit of nonsense escapism I love Midsommer Murders, too. Joan Hicksons Miss Marple, although I loved old Margaret Rutherford! The music from her films of Miss Marple is wonderful.

I do enjoy Lewis. I loved Morse and I thought, when Lewis started, will this work? But you know, I think I like it better! Yeah, George Gently, great show. Anything with Martin Shaw! For a bit of nonsense escapism I love Midsommer Murders, too. Joan Hicksons Miss Marple, although I loved old Margaret Rutherford! The music from her films of Miss Marple is wonderful.
You sound a good pal for my better half :D She likes all those shows too! She is watching Joan Hicksons Miss Marple on dvd as I type ;)

Back