Weather

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
As predicted, it is raining. It is getting rather windy, there is thunder BUT, the sun is shining. o_O All we need now to complete the set is some snow.

we are gettin smashed here in Melbourne

Frankston Pier few mth ago...
frankstonpier.jpg

today aftr the storm hit... as it floats away down the coast !!!!!!!!!!!
67755181_10157592197387422_2259248240459251712_n.jpg

Bruce the like is for the photos and demonstrating the contrast in the conditions, not the storm and what you have had to endure in Melbourne . It must have been really unnerving when it hit . It's the height of summer here and we are being hit with deluges of rain .

Out local Steam Fair today. Like you said though it's still very warm.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1565449413222.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565449413222.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 8
Saturday night wasn't bad here in South Yorkshire. It was windy but there wasn't much rain and no thunderstorms.

Weather having a impact at the Newcastle v Arsenal match ........................... no not the football Steve Bruce worried how he is going to keep his Greggs Sausage Rolls and Pasties dry in the dugout! :eek::08:

TV, I have better things to spend money on these days. It's a few years since I surrendered my Season Ticket. After I came out of St James following a poor last match and really poor season, I decided it was Heads buy a ticket for next year or Tails buy an electric guitar , Tails won so headed to the local shop ,Windows , purchased a Strat copy and after a few months I discovered ........................ I had five thumbs on one hand and three on the other couldn't even strum out a Quo three chord song so I gave that up as well . I have been back to St James a few times since but to be honest I have just lost the appetite to attend . At one time I would never miss, even travelling to away games now its TV or occasionally the Pub to watch .

I'm adding this here as it is sort of weather related . Has anyone noticed that over the last couple of weeks UKTV has been playing the Christmas LOTSW episodes although its now August . Unfortunately, I cannot find their first reply to a mail I sent in 2016 when they showed the Hobbo series but missed episode 1 of his first series which they deemed as a "Christmas episode" :eek: and said it was annoying to viewers when they showed them out of season .

I was personally more than annoyed when they didn't show that episode until they realised it was the distributors fault for which they apologised in an email and the episode was aired . In a subsequent mail they clarified that further:-

We tend to play the Christmas specials over the festive season – that's certainly where we prioritise them.

When we have played these out of season, it'll be owing to licence issues which mean we have to play that episode before a certain point.

So are they now playing them because there is some sort of licensing issue ?

Back