UK TV (way way off topic!)

cciaffone

Dedicated Member
Is this a slow period in UK TV pickings? Have all the
great programs absconded?? What is there to watch??

As some of you know, I have been downloading BritTV for
some years (off TheBox.bz) and have a huge collection
of shows like Midsomer Murders, New Tricks, Hetty, LOTSW,
Dr Finlay, Dad's Army, Heartbeat, The Royal, George Gently,
Red Dwarf, Dr Who, and more.

But there has been nothing worth downloading for weeks.
Mostly soaps and old radio programs. What's Shaking over there,
Y'all???

We seem to like the same programs and download the same ones also. You are very right that there isn't much to see these days. I love mysteries and dramas. But I don't complain as I have so many on dvd's that I go to them when there is nothing on. Have you downloadd those old Lord Peter Wimsley mysteries?? What I find a shame is that there aren't many free these days and as we have to watch our Ratios we cannot just download all we want..

I believe we have most of the Lord Peter shows
and really love them. Also all the Cadfael mysteries
as well.

Yes, the lack of FREE downloads does keep my ratio
lower than I'd like, but with so little to download, I really
am not using the ratio I have.

When we got into a major Heartbeat/Royal splurge, I actually
made a small donation as I was downloading so many MegaBytes
for days.

I think its always like this at this time of year, hopefully it will buck up at xmas, but at the moment it really is utter rubbish!

It will buck up at Christmas as you say Susan but I already downloaded all the Christmas shows in the past couple of years including the Pantos.

I would love to download The Saint but it's not free. But maybe The Box will be nice to us for Christmas and give us a day or two with lots of freebies...

All we get here in The States is BritComs and BBC World News on Public Broadcasting as well as BBC America.

Thats not much of a selection you've got there, Hamot. But I must say, I love your tag line. Retired and loving it. I'm so jealous!

Thats not much of a selection you've got there, Hamot. But I must say, I love your tag line. Retired and loving it. I'm so jealous!

The trouble with being retired is that mostly you need to do it!!

I am retired and enjoying it! Welcome Hamot - see you have just joined. Going by the avatar you look a bit young to be retired!

That is him at 18, during study at Tomah Uni or something like that.

Back