Thoughts on Barry

Yes indeed. He took a more prominent role after Compo's passing, he was kind of drafted in to be the 3rd man for a few episiodes around that time until Roy got his formula sorted out for post-Compo.
I liked Barry, he was a good character and was well played by Mike Grady.

I liked barry too.Always got involved in the trios capers(not by choice) had a
over protective wife in Glenda.Had a whole episode based around him in Barrys
christmas.Mike Grady was superb an the role and if there was ever a spin off
series he would be at the heart of it as he is still young enough.The chemistry
on screen With Sarah Thomas is spot on.

I liked barry too.Always got involved in the trios capers(not by choice) had a
over protective wife in Glenda.Had a whole episode based around him in Barrys
christmas.Mike Grady was superb an the role and if there was ever a spin off
series he would be at the heart of it as he is still young enough.The chemistry
on screen With Sarah Thomas is spot on.

I really agree with your statement Amos. Barry was a great extra. He was always worried about Wesley touching his car, afraid of the ladies, and got sucked in to many of the trio's adventures.

I often thought of Barry and Glenda together is some sort of spin off as they make a great couple. They make the sole happy couple in the show. Bring back Keith Clifford and Bobby Ball to be around them and see what happens (even though there is an age difference).

Barry could easily have become another Clegg; howeve he was good material and also often ended up doing Compo like stunts, such as Getting Barry Higher.

Barry always seemed to be in another world prone to moments of gazing into space,when Barry was abducted by the boys he joined in with enthusasim .The cry "Are you holding it properly Barry" was a good summing up of him.Great addition to the show.

Back