This time last week.....

I've just seen the footage of North Yorkshire where we like to visit, around Reeth and Leyburn. Looks very bad.

Looks very bad there Ferret. Keep us updated and let us know when that water has gone. We often see similar news on TV but no daily update. Hope your home is dry.

Off to York tomorrow for a soiree with ex work colleagues looks like I could get a soaking on the outside and inside . If it is to believed it will be Acid rain on the outside but 100% factually correct it will be 5% -40% liquid on the inside hic ! :18:

Off to York tomorrow for a soiree with ex work colleagues looks like I could get a soaking on the outside and inside . If it is to believed it will be Acid rain on the outside but 100% factually correct it will be 5% -40% liquid on the inside hic ! :18:[/QUOTE

OOOHHHH, you gave me such a shock there Captain, at first glance, I thought you had put 'Off to WORK tomorrow'. A closer look and I realized it said 'Off to YORK tomorrow'. Hope you have a good day.:21::35::36::13::18:

Off to York tomorrow for a soiree with ex work colleagues looks like I could get a soaking on the outside and inside . If it is to believed it will be Acid rain on the outside but 100% factually correct it will be 5% -40% liquid on the inside hic ! :18:
Just had another thought about this message. If work is pronounced werk then why isn't York pronounced Yerk. Likewise, if York is York then why isn't work pronounced walk? By the way, when you are having your soiree tomorrow, don't forget to pull the cerk out of the bottle. If you are having a meal make sure that your knife ferk and spoon are set out rite. HUH, now look what you've started. :29::oops::rolleyes:

Peri,

I mentioned in a previous post that as a Geordie we only have one vowel , E, so any word containing any of the vowels gets the same prenenceeteen or pronunciation in English :08:;)

Back