THERE CAN BE NO REASON TO DISCONTINUE THE GREATEST TV COMEDY SERIES OF THEM ALL

I totally agree.I have LOTSW since 1973 when I was 17 and after Bill Owen passed away I found It difficult to watch for a couple of series.Because of ill health I rediscovered the programme and got re-hooked.
I leave the house about three times a year and last year went to Holmfirth for the day.it was one of the best days I've had in years.
Summer Wine should be treated like a listed building leave it alone it still still solid and able to accomodate as many people as needs be.
Long live the Kings (of comedy)

I totally agree.I have watched LOTSW since 1973 when I was 17 and after Bill Owen passed away I found It difficult to watch for a couple of series.Because of ill health I rediscovered the programme and got re-hooked.
I leave the house about three times a year and last year went to Holmfirth for the day.it was one of the best days I've had in years.
Summer Wine should be treated like a listed building leave it alone it still still solid and able to accomodate as many people as needs be.
Long live the Kings (of comedy)
[/quote]

Although I agree with Tom, that this show should not be allowed to sink without trace as the BBC seen to want, I also agree with Barney to some extent. Hobbo is like Foggy, except that he is not nearly as funny. I wonder why he was brought in? I know that Peter Sallis and Frank Thornton are not as active, but their little conversations at the begining and the end of each episode are really funny. I loved it when Cleggy, on hearing a police car go by with siren at full blast, said 'oh listen they are playing your tune'. People like me, who have watched from the begining are inclined to think that we have a right to a say in what happens, and I think that Alan Bell and Roy Clarke, do listen to us. If they had put Russ abbott in as an 'also starring', I would have accepted him more easily. to put him in with star billing was going too far. I do know that it has traditionally been alphabetical order, but in this case I feel they should have made an exception. I do hope that there will be another series, Nora's sister is a great asset, well done Barbara Young.
And Tom, where is Waldo? He would have made a great third man. Now there's a thought.

Although I agree with Tom, that this show should not be allowed to sink without trace as the BBC seen to want, I also agree with Barney to some extent. Hobbo is like Foggy, except that he is not nearly as funny. I wonder why he was brought in? I know that Peter Sallis and Frank Thornton are not as active, but their little conversations at the begining and the end of each episode are really funny. I loved it when Cleggy, on hearing a police car go by with siren at full blast, said 'oh listen they are playing your tune'. People like me, who have watched from the begining are inclined to think that we have a right to a say in what happens, and I think that Alan Bell and Roy Clarke, do listen to us. If they had put Russ abbott in as an 'also starring', I would have accepted him more easily. to put him in with star billing was going too far. I do know that it has traditionally been alphabetical order, but in this case I feel they should have made an exception. I do hope that there will be another series, Nora's sister is a great asset, well done Barbara Young.
And Tom, where is Waldo? He would have made a great third man. Now there's a thought.
The last time I saw Waldo was on ebay.

Are your serious? If so that is very sad. I loved him.

Are your serious? If so that is very sad. I loved him.

He was being sold for charity.

Ah Little Miss Charity!

Sorry George I couldn't resist that quote from Deep in the Heart of Yorkshire. Do you know if they made a lot of money?

Greetings, Tom,
Thanks for your comments. I agree with you 100%. I suppose I'm a late comer to Summer Wine. I've only been watching the series for about 8 years, but I have enjoyed every episode. I particularly miss your wonderful dad. There will never be another Compo. Our TV offerings here in the US have been steadilly going downhill for many years. Thank goodness for PBS and the BBC; although I'm disappointed the BBC would even consider cancelling LOTSW. I hope the info in the news box is correct and current. We can look forward to six new episodes? I'll certainly email my support.

Terry

Yes he was on ebay but not 4 a charity, in fact i brought him and hes in a box, i lift the lid off occasionally 4 him 2 get fresh air.

Yes he was on ebay but not 4 a charity, in fact i brought him and hes in a box, i lift the lid off occasionally 4 him 2 get fresh air.
Does he still speak Polish :D

wel not yet, i live in the midlands but im gonna offer him to the exhibition next time i go upto holmfirth.

Back