The Sun newspaper today

D

DJWCFC

did anyone else see the article in The Sun today with the picture of Brian Wilde, basically for those who haven't seen it it was saying that the town Brian Wilde was born in is the highest area in the country for viewing adult material, it mentions that and mentions Brian Wilde as coming from there, not for one minute it says anything about Brian Wilde and that activity are linked but for people who look at the article casually might think he is involved, im absolutely furious about this and think its a big slur on Brian's name

They do the same stuff over here as well. If something bad happens in a town they say well so an so is from there, like that person had anything to do with the bad event. Poor news broadcasting if you ask me.

I think I saw something about that town on my mobile news digest this morning - apparently they spend longer there than anyone else per visit to "certain" websites. Did not get the link to Brian Wilde though. Actually it is where Brian lived when he died not where he was born - a simple Google check tells you that, so sloppy research in my opinion.

It has all the hallmarks of a 'slow news day' so find something titillatious for the readers.

I read that also online The Mirror. I have google news bring up anything about LOTSW. That had NOTHIHG to do about Brian Wilde. One sentence,surrounded about all of that trash. Not our Foggy!!! I could see him standing at attention now out of embarrassment.

I'm sorry but what do you expect from those two papers. You get what you pay for with papers. ???

I can't imagine what is family must be going through! >:(

Some papers here encourage to get "a" story no matter what. I guess it is everywhere. You can always take them to court, but the damage is already done. >:(

The answer is to stop reading the Sun (add in Mirror, Express, Mail, etc)! This is standard red top tabloid stuff.

Not bought or wanted to buy a newspaper in years and the nearest I get these days to looking at one,is the 5 minute wait for our takeaway at the local Chinese and that 5 minutes always reconfirms the need to stay away from them

Tend to occasionally buy a local one to read while having a meal out on my own - but there is so much mis-reporting, bias and writing anything salacious in order to sell more copies.

Yes Foggy would have been completely out of his depth - not that I could ever see him using the internet. None of them were very technophiliac minded: Seymour 's technology was antediluvian and thus, does not count! :eek: :( 8)

Back