The New Women...To Many Marinas

M

MrsDewhurst

I like Miss Davenport, but it is like the new female casting of characters has gone way out of balance with Marina type ehem, well you get my drift.

I like Nelly, I have always liked June Whitfield, but now like in her latest part in Doctor Who(Where she played Minnie and grabbed The Doctors bum), they have made her and especially Pearl wild.(The motorcycle episode.)

Glenda, she went through a phase with a motorcycle, but her character has pretty much stayed true to the original ladies group, and her mother Edie.

Besides for Ivy, who is left to be a more straight laced type to keep the men in check?(Like Edie and Nora used to.)

Nora's sister Stella is nothing like Nora, in fact the whole set up has changed. Stella is a smoker, and unrefined type like Compo was and Alvin is more clean cut and straight laced like Nora was, and yet he is not Nora, he is still one of the guys who likes adventure.

I just think that the women characters are way out of balance now. There are to many Marinas and no Edies, Noras, Pearl of old, or Ivys.

I always felt Miss Davenport would be the next Marina, now we have Marinas everywhere.

It's ok for the women to occasionally "let their hair down," but as it is now, without women to balance out the men's behavior, we have no one to "keep the men in check." See what I mean? The men may as well sit at home drinking tea and gossiping about the town women's wild behavior, while all the women go out and traipse about the country having adventures.

The show has gone to the "Marinas."

I like Miss Davenport, but it is like the new female casting of characters has gone way out of balance with Marina type ehem, well you get my drift.

I like Nelly, I have always liked June Whitfield, but now like in her latest part in Doctor Who(Where she played Minnie and grabbed The Doctors bum), they have made her and especially Pearl wild.(The motorcycle episode.)

Glenda, she went through a phase with a motorcycle, but her character has pretty much stayed true to the original ladies group, and her mother Edie.

Besides for Ivy, who is left to be a more straight laced type to keep the men in check?(Like Edie and Nora used to.)

Nora's sister Stella is nothing like Nora, in fact the whole set up has changed. Stella is a smoker, and unrefined type like Compo was and Alvin is more clean cut and straight laced like Nora was, and yet he is not Nora, he is still one of the guys who likes adventure.

A good Observation and Valid point

I just think that the women characters are way out of balance now. There are to many Marinas and no Edies, Noras, Pearl of old, or Ivys.

I always felt Miss Davenport would be the next Marina, now we have Marinas everywhere.

It's ok for the women to occasionally "let their hair down," but as it is now, without women to balance out the men's behavior, we have no one to "keep the men in check." See what I mean? The men may as well sit at home drinking tea and gossiping about the town women's wild behavior, while all the women go out and traipse about the country having adventures.

The show has gone to the "Marinas."

there will only be one marina at least nelly is only a minor player and ivy pearl are still on form and domanearing the men .i think glenda is taking on the mantle of her mum she is reallly bossing barry now.the show must go forward.

Back
Top Bottom