The Cafe

C

Compo

I like to pop in once in a while to see what is going on and see what the weather is like etc. It is amaing how many bus loads stop there by the pavement to go visit the Cafe. Would these people be fans of the show or just sightseers wanting a cuppa? I always wonder about that.

Those who want to vist the site can go to this:

http://www.virtualhuddersfield.com/wood1.htm

Hello, Compo, I love noticing the changes at the caff. The tables are the most noticeable and the color of the lettering on the window. Don't know how Ivy ever cooked anything in that tiny back kitchen. lol

new member, EL

Welcome Elmc to the forum. So where are you from? I am always interested in knowing how last of the summer wine can be reached. No offence to Ivy but Ivy was already big enough so it didn't leave much rom for her and Sid to do any hanky panky. LOL But you are right it was a small kitchen...

hello and thank you Compo, I am born and raised in NYC. I have recently discovered that I have plenty of English ancestors . . going back to Edward III. We always thought it was just Irish. I was in London Oct. 2011 and wish I knew this then. The Rosetta Stone is in London? Is it not? A Mr. Clarke helped to get it there. He is an ancestor of mine . . uncle. And that with $2.50 will get me on the bus. Anywho, I love LOTSW to bits. Watch it everyday. I have all the dvd's up to where Stella returns and/or Entwhistle appears. I am retired now as many of us might be and have plenty of time to indulge in these lovelies. Thanks to all for keeping this forum active. I have seen others that are scads of years old.
ta, EL

btw, sorry I did not address where I first saw LOTSW. It would have to be on a PBS station here ( Channel 13 or 21 ) or BBCAmerica. I also enjoy Keeping Up Appearances, As Time Goes By, Doc Martin and others. We used to be big fans of Eastenders, from waaaay back. In regards to the Caff's kitchen, there's not enough room to swing a cat never mind a serving tray at Compo's head.

Back