THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Just be aware of any parcels being left at your address. We have someone in our district doing "cheap" Christmas shopping. We have had parcels disappear from outside flat doors in my block alone. One woman lost half of an order of cosmetics the parcel had been cut open and some of the contents had gone .DISCERNING SHOPPER??They appear to be following such people as YODEL and HERMES !:confused2::fp:

The parcel saga continued...............Because they have a photo of one of the parcels outside the door of the flat they refuse to investigate further. However Hermes are investigating one of their drivers who delivered a parcel to an address , placed it in the porch, took a photo of it in place then carried it back to his van. All this was caught on the house C C TV. Hermes have promised a full internal investigation. With "appropriate action".:fp:

Last edited:
I've seen such videos on Tictoc, surveillance cameras show them taking the picture then picking it up again and taking back to the van. I always try and be home if a parcel is coming or have my son come over.

Someone should order a batch of live mouse traps so these scumbags get what they deserve if they open the boxes!!!!!

So far, thankfully I have not had any parcels being removed (knock on wood). On another note, if your office doesn't mind, you can get the item delivered to you at your office.

So far, thankfully I have not had any parcels being removed (knock on wood). On another note, if your office doesn't mind, you can get the item delivered to you at your office.
Unless you're retired. Like many retirees, I'm too deaf to hear the UPS or FedEx truck in front of the house, or the driver's footsteps on the porch. Neither service rings the doorbell now that the drivers are signing for contactless deliveries, nor do they photograph the delivery. FedEx stands in front of the porch steps and tosses anything that isn't very heavy onto the porch, regardless of "Fragile" markings. UPS climbs the four steps and sets the package on the porch around the corner from the top step where it's out of sight.

Fortunately, I live in a very low crime area and in a neighborhood with a mix of retirees, working couples and households with a stay-at-home parent. Usually someone is so bored that they're looking out at the street, and would report a theft if one ever happened.

The vast majority of delivery drivers are doing and absolutely amazing job in the present times, however you do hear of the odd horror story where they have put parcels in bins on collection day so they're taken with the rubbish or just thrown over fences damaging the contents. I suppose its the law of averages...

I've been getting amazing deliveries. A few years ago Amazon delivered a book on Sunday morning no less. And just the other day, I found a box of printer cartridges on my stoop, apparently especially delivered by the post office. Notable since mail deliveries are always made in the afternoon, and I found this box in the morning!

I think the issue is with so many people having ordered online the delivery requirement have multiplied many fold and the drivers are expected to hit targets and work very long hours . A friend of mine was between jobs and was offered a job with Amazon but the costs to him for the Van etc and the sheer amount of hours very expediently forced him to decline so I have every sympathy for these drivers they have a tight schedule , areas are still smitten with traffic issues and they have to deal with an increased workload and long hours . I have to say I greatly admire them for what they are contending with .

Back