Thank you for accepting my membership request. My Grandfather's parents immigrated from Yorkshire to New Zealand.

Hello again Anna. I'm sure that if you can remember where your ancestors are from someone will be able to post some photos of the area. I think that you are close with the 1700's but I think that other members will be able to confirm the date. I do believe fellas that some of you have photos with dates on the buildings. Can you post them and give Anna a view of her ancestors past. As a matter of interest, I am somewhat ancient and I do believe that I was built in the 1700's. The members are great but a few tend to be a bit shy. SHY? Now that's laugh:fp:. What's betting that someone will be around to borrow a cupful of sugar before midnight.

The Last of The Summer Wine is my favorite show. So much so I splurged and bought the complete collection of DVDs. My ancestors were from the same area, and seeing the countryside and historical sites brings them to life to me. I understand the buildings were built in the 1700's . If this is not correct would someone please let me know. Thank you

Welcome aboard Anna, glad to hear how much you enjoy the show,there is a lot of info on the forum for you to trawl through, if there is something you would like to know just ask

Welcome Anna. Tiz much earlier than that. There is a book on the area titled : From forest to township. Also books on the floods & history trail publications, all riviting stuff.
Enjoy.

Welcome Anna. Tiz much earlier than that. There is a book on the area titled : From forest to township. Also books on the floods & history trail publications, all riviting stuff.
Enjoy.
I second the motion re: the books. They all are excellent resources as well as interesting reading. Also recommend the Holmfirth History Facebook group.

Hello Anna so nice to welcome you to the forum I am sure as a LOTSW fan you will enjoy reading the threads and hopefully contributing. There are some great photos in the Photo Corner and Terry's [Maltrab] Sumer Wine map is a must because it allows you to see where they filmed . I look forward to your posts . :)

Back