TECH HELP??

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
I have noticed lately when I type in a password , there appears a small "logo"?? in the box where the password comes up.This "logo" is like a tiny Big Brother eye. I have run scans and malware checks to no avail, my PC is clean according to them. Anyone know what it may be please??

I have noticed lately when I type in a password , there appears a small "logo"?? in the box where the password comes up.This "logo" is like a tiny Big Brother eye. I have run scans and malware checks to no avail, my PC is clean according to them. Anyone know what it may be please??

Can you get a picture of it,not sure what security software you are using,it may be a feature of that,or at worst somehow you have a key logger installed which is tracking what you type,but they do not normally advertise the fact,if you have no joy go here http://www.eset.co.uk/Download/Software/Home and download the smart security package,which you can use free for 30 days and rescan you machine,this is one of the best AV packages you can get, you may have to uninstall what ever av software you are using at the moment,so at that point you would be able to check if it is that showing this logo

Are you using windows 8 with Explorer 10 ?.I think what you are describing is a password reveal button,if it is you will recognize it from the link below which tells you how to disable it.Have you updated your browser lately?
http://www.techfeb.com/remove-password-field-eye-symbol-from-internet-explorer-in-windows-8/

Thanks Onyx ,thats exactly what I had got. I was trialing IE10 and it had been on since then.I have now system restored to IE9 and it seems to have cleared it.The download you told me has left me with a raft of addons that I did not really want so I have deleted them.

Thanks Onyx ,thats exactly what I had got. I was trialing IE10 and it had been on since then.I have now system restored to IE9 and it seems to have cleared it.The download you told me has left me with a raft of addons that I did not really want so I have deleted them.
Ok Dick happy days! ;D ;D ;D

Back