SW Appreciation Society??

i think the fact it hasnt been touched in 3 years shud tell us tht the site is no longer used, ok there is info there but i wudnt b surprised if it disappears soon

Well SW has been gone as well ...

But I really enjoy the articles by tourists visiting Holmfirth,
and their reactions to the food and the locations.

Also some very good photos of the area.

Also check out the UK TV shows as seen in the US at:

http://valdefierro.com/

Some neat stuff to be found out there.

Good grief you have some old doozzies there :)
I wonder why they changed the name on The Good Life?

I think and if I remember correctly the reason for the change in name was because there was already a show by that name in the States so they had to change it..

I was a member of the society for many years, still am as far as I know, but I have not heard from Clive Eardly (president) for a very long time. The magazine stopped coming years ago. And the website was run by Patrick Brooke, I think he had becaome too busy with family comitments to carry on.

i think the fact it hasnt been touched in 3 years shud tell us tht the site is no longer used, ok there is info there but i wudnt b surprised if it disappears soon

Looks like the domain is good until June next year

Maybe we should do some collecting, copy/paste or whatnot as an archive thing. You hate to see sites with such articles and information just disappear.

Of course, I mean with the permission from the Society, if it's even still around.

I was a member of the society for many years, still am as far as I know, but I have not heard from Clive Eardly (president) for a very long time. The magazine stopped coming years ago. And the website was run by Patrick Brooke, I think he had becaome too busy with family comitments to carry on.

Likewise,

think he still has a couple of envelopes I sent to him for further copies of the SWAS magazine - the last one was quite slender but we did get a very useful CD of photographs ...

Back