Summerwineland for just one day

Forgot about Aunties, good call. I'd go into there with just £10 cash (and not a penny more!) and see what she'd sell me, and I'd know I couldn't be taken for more than that!
Good luck with that Barry,your ten pounds would merely be a deposit for a large item like bedroom furniture,or the first instalment of something,with Aunties very competitive interest rates of course.

Get up have a healthy breakfast, batter the husband a bit, tea and cakes with friends then batter the husband a but more before making his tea.
Love it Pearl, would you not be tempted to join the ladies coffee meeting and verbally batter the men of this world too?

Well, girls are mostly relegated to coffee mornings, chatting at Ivy's, shopping, and keeping the men in line, but if there were an opportunity for one gently ageing tom-boy farm girl to get caught up in one of the lad's mad-cap schemes it'd be a perfect day for me.

Actually, I have ridden a motorbike before. Considering Scotland seems slightly underrepresented in the show, as a nod to my heritage and the shows penchant for out of the ordinary entrances I'd probably arrive astride a highland cow.
Honestly, I don't think I'd get along very well with some of the other female characters. I'm more the pesky little sister the boys try to evade so they can go off and have their adventures in peace.

TBH I don't think any of the female characters actually liked one another, maybe with the exception of Marina & Miss Davenport!

I am not so sure , they had a common goal i.e a relationship with a man, but I always thought that Miss Davenport's reactions varied from impatient and annoyed at how Marina went on about her times with Howard , laughing up her sleeve at Marina's attempts to woo a man [ when Marina has fallen flat when even Howard has ignored her you see Miss Davenport basically sniggering] , to basic superiority implying she was better than Marina .

I certainly wouldn't fit in with either the ladies or the men. While in the Holme Valley (or anywhere else), I'm likely to hop a bus to a location as close as possible to a likely photo op, hike the rest of the way, then set up the tripod and camera and immerse myself in the scenery. Occasionally, I make an acceptable photo! Thank goodness for digital — I wouldn't keep trying until I was satisfied if I were still using film.

By my standards, an acceptable photo has an attention-grabbing focal point, no technical flaws (over-exposed bright areas, for instance), and the resolution is high enough to enlarge to about 4' x 3' with no loss visible to the naked eye.

I certainly wouldn't fit in with either the ladies or the men. While in the Holme Valley (or anywhere else), I'm likely to hop a bus to a location as close as possible to a likely photo op, hike the rest of the way, then set up the tripod and camera and immerse myself in the scenery. Occasionally, I make an acceptable photo! Thank goodness for digital — I wouldn't keep trying until I was satisfied if I were still using film.

By my standards, an acceptable photo has an attention-grabbing focal point, no technical flaws (over-exposed bright areas, for instance), and the resolution is high enough to enlarge to about 4' x 3' with no loss visible to the naked eye.
Have you shared any of your pictures on here before? I think the Holme Valley is one of the most picturesque landscapes on earth :)

Back