Summer wine question on Pointless today

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Did any on e watch Pointless this evening the question in the final was"Recurring actors or actresses in last of the summer wine"The contestants had to name an obscure actor who whad been in five of more episodes.They went for Kathy Staff which scored 34,Jean Alexander that scored 6 and Micheal Bates that scored 3 the most supprising thing was the answers no one gave.No one said..

Keith Clifford
Sarah Thomas
Mike Grady
Robert FYfe
Juliette Kaplan
Louis Emerick
Danny o dea

Some of these have been in over 250 episodes and no one said them. :eek:

i never watch pointless cause i dont like alexander armstrong cause he has publicly slated summer wine in the past, 4 me he spoils any program he is on, i just dont like him, im surprised the bbc did a question bout summer wine tho seeing we kno how they hate it so much nowadays, just think if we had all seen it we wud b screaming all the answers at the tele. out of the answers u suggest (which i assume was the zero points 1's) i wud probly have gone 4 juliette kaplan or robert fyfe seeing there 2 of the longest running recurring actor and actress who might not come 2 mind straight away and might b a zero on there.

i never watch pointless cause i dont like alexander armstrong cause he has publicly slated summer wine in the past, 4 me he spoils any program he is on, i just dont like him, im surprised the bbc did a question bout summer wine tho seeing we kno how they hate it so much nowadays, just think if we had all seen it we wud b screaming all the answers at the tele. out of the answers u suggest (which i assume was the zero points 1's) i wud probly have gone 4 juliette kaplan or robert fyfe seeing there 2 of the longest running recurring actor and actress who might not come 2 mind straight away and might b a zero on there.

Never knew that about Alexander Armstrong when was this?

Never knew that about Alexander Armstrong when was this?

he said it in the suns saturday tv guide bout 5 years ago, it was when they did a (so-called) famous persons tv like and dislikes and 1 of his dislikes was summer wine, he really slagged it off big time having a go at the cast and roy clarke as well

I did fall across the show just as they asked the question today,the contestants did not seem to know the main cast names,and the compare seemed amazed that there had been so many episodes,and as previously mentioned how many of the main cast had no points,what generation are they asking these questions to get these answers

I suppose if you never really watched people proberly would not know,I thought they did ok but as i put earlier i can not believe some of the names that were not said :)

I did fall across the show just as they asked the question today,the contestants did not seem to know the main cast names,and the compare seemed amazed that there had been so many episodes,and as previously mentioned how many of the main cast had no points,what generation are they asking these questions to get these answers

they probly asked the younger generation first who probly told them 2 go away non politely and said summat bout the show, then they probly asked the 40-50 year old bracket who might just remember a bit about the show, im guessing they didnt asked winos like us, maltrab did u expect them 2 b complimentary bout the show seeing how the bbc have treated it, its treated similar 2 dr who in the 80's is the nearest i can compare the show 2, 2 long running popular show which was treated like summat on the floor tht people in charge of the bbc cant see was still wanted by a lot of fans.

I have watched LOTSW from day one and have always loved it, but other members of my family are not so keen, and some even refuse to watch it as, so my favorite aunt says, it makes a mockery of 'old people'. I have never taken any notice of any of them. They are the losers as far as I am concerned. Is Alexander Armstrong that idiot who does the daft adverts?

I have watched LOTSW from day one and have always loved it, but other members of my family are not so keen, and some even refuse to watch it as, so my favorite aunt says, it makes a mockery of 'old people'. I have never taken any notice of any of them. They are the losers as far as I am concerned. Is Alexander Armstrong that idiot who does the daft adverts?

which daft adverts are u on about sue?

The Direct Line ads with Chris Addinson proberly :)

The Direct Line ads with Chris Addinson proberly :)

oh those 1's, i remember them now, yeh they are annoying them.

Thats them.

yeh they defo are annoying sue, then again most of the modern day comedians are annoying and seeing theres a few of them in ads nowadays so a lot of them are annoying.

Back