street names

amos hames

Dedicated Member
We have heard them many times but do the streets in the series actually exist such as.......
Arnold street
Finkel Street
I think a Denby street was mentioned in Going to Gordons wedding.
I have noticed in various episodes streets like Barracks Fold,Water street,Moss Rise,Berry Croft and deacon street.Can anybody else think of any that have been mentioned or where they are and of course theres Huddersfield road where Nora and Compos Houses are but this street is never mentioned. :)

Doubt if they are based on actual streets around Holmfirth.

Cooper Street crops up from time to time, and doesn't sound like it's in a good area! Was used for a similar purpose in Roy Clarke's Keeping Up Appearances.

We have heard them many times but do the streets in the series actually exist such as.......
Arnold street
Finkel Street
I think a Denby street was mentioned in Going to Gordons wedding.
I have noticed in various episodes streets like Barracks Fold,Water street,Moss Rise,Berry Croft and deacon street.Can anybody else think of any that have been mentioned or where they are and of course theres Huddersfield road where Nora and Compos Houses are but this street is never mentioned. :)

Some of the street names are real like Barracks fold,Berry Croft and a search on google maps in the general area will reveal where they are

Back