Some statistics

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
The Website and Forum have over 7 million hits a year
The Forum has over 40,000 postings
The site has consumed 83 Gigabyte of Data in the last 12 months
I block around 45 undesirables from access to the site a week, most of these are Forum hacking attempts
The Error log shows me that several members forget their password on a regular basis (Please note I cannot see your passwords)
Sadly it seems new members will join and never use the forum and some never log in more than once

I only forgot mine a couple of time ;D
It is sad to see some new members only posting once or twice.
This may sound like a stupid question but I'll ask anyway, why do people try and hack a site like this? Its not like we all share bank details or anything?

I only forgot mine a couple of time ;D
It is sad to see some new members only posting once or twice.
This may sound like a stupid question but I'll ask anyway, why do people try and hack a site like this? Its not like we all share bank details or anything?

Hi Susan
There is several reasons, one to make a general nuisance or to sell us drugs/gambling sites etc, or worse to try and post under another users name and cause trouble,or at worst try and inject a virus to corrupt the site
Terry

Thank you Terry, I know it was a stupid question but couldn't work out why ( My blonde gene must on over drive today). Its sad that someone would want to do that! I see why someone would want to sell drugs and such but to just make trouble is nasty, mind you so is drug selling but there you go!!! Thank you for keep this a nice place to visit Terry its very much appreciated :)

Back