Dedicated Member
Some folks on other LOTSW forums have been occasionally
solicited to contribute money for stuff. More recently are
solicitations for funds for a Cooper and Walsh TV show, and
earlier for a statue for Compo. Some of these folks are a little
leery after the Compo solicitation bought no statue and seemingly
returned no donations.

I think folks are less angry and more confused, and so will be
less eager in the future to kick in money.

Perhaps we ought NOT to use these forums for solicitation???

I don't mind say a Fiver (£5) a year to keep the site running but cannot pledge anything more for such as the production costs for a Cooper and Walsh dvd. :( :(

Perhaps we ought NOT to use these forums for solicitation???
I would have thought a Last of the Summer Wine website/forum would be the ideal place to seek support for a Last of the Summer Wine related project!

I seem to recall that this was mooted a little while ago; and I agree that the fans are unlikely to contribute the whole £0.5M but presumably the fans are only one source. There are about twenty or so frequent posters on this site and even if they all gave £100 it would nowhere come close to the requisite amount! I doubt if all the site members, many of whom do not post but presumably are content to view what is said, would want to or would be able to.

As in so many things we have to make choices - either ignore or do something.

At present I am telephoned virtually every day by an earnest individual soliciting funds for a worthy cause: Great Ormond Street, Cancer Research and so on - all very worthy causes but I have to make a choice; and that is what I would have thought we would all do with the suggestion of financial involvement in the DVD project. At £100 a person then they need 5,000 people: I do not know but I would guess that they need some corporate backers as well.

Cha'que un a son gout as they say across Le Manche ....

Back