Snowdonia - off-piste

cornishman

Junior Jedi
Staff member
Just seen in the news that the highest ever recorded visitor numbers yesterday on Snowdonia national park. Standing room only!
I can see the logic, escape from the city and visit the countryside for a bit of isolation, well it's had the opposite effect apparently.
Me, well I've chosen a couple of places that I can be pretty sure I'll be able to stay isolated, a couple of turns around the local cemetary (hmm, maybe a little close to home for me :30: ) or maybe a walk along the path behind our local abattoir, or along the path adjacent to Kearns pig farm.

Stay safe and try to think out of the box for you exercise.

Sadly scenes like this are only going to lead to police & army enforced isolation just as panic buying by the few will lead to government enforced rationing.....

Normally the kids sit at home on their devices for hour upon end and you cannot get them out of the door, now they are wandering the streets

I saw a video post online today of a fun run, not only involving youngsters but uniformed fire service and medical staff, I checked and it was today they took part

You can't believe some of today's news the Chief Medical Officer in Scotland had to be spoken to by Police and warned about flouting the rules she set unbelievable . Here is a snap of Bognor Regis Beach taken minutes ago its hard for everyone but those 3 clowns clearly not exercising and flouting the rules should not only be fined and warned but given we lost 700 plus people yesterday their names should be recorded and if they catch it then they should be put to the back of the queue for any treatment .

Yes I know they could have had it and been in isolation but to be frank does anyone think that's likely and would they have been tested if they had sorry but I think the answer is no . This me me me state will result in far more people dying that perhaps should, no one said isolation was a breeze its tough for everyone but flouting rules deliberately seems to be some peoples way of making a statement to the detriment of people's lives :mad: ............................. and rest!

bognor 05-04-20 two oclock.jpg

Couldn't have put it better myself CC!

The 99% of the rule abiding will have their freedoms curtailed due to the 1% of utter selfish idiots. I have first hand knowledge of the front line and sadly it's the young who are primarily ignoring these rules (although there are a handful of adults too). It's mainly the 'usual suspects' of the young from the many of the deprived estates, who have parents who don't care for rules and have zero respect for the police. Additionally the police are being unofficially instructed to 'turn a blind eye' to low level crime due to limited resources. Regrettably many of the youths on the streets goading the police, are being kicked out of their homes by their parents, who themselves live on benefits and have never worked so fines offer no disincentive to them.

Whilst those selfish individuals you see sunbathing get the headlines, the real problem areas are the groups of 20 or 30 who congregate most evenings where they are not seen....

It's back to school days where the entire school is kept in detention because of the few who can't follow the rules.......

Back