Short walk from Marsden

Pete.

Dedicated Member
Hi,
Don't know if this will work,have not tried to upload photos before and I'm afraid I'm a bit like Cleggy and Truly when it comes to these things,wanted to put captions under but couldn't do that either,just wanted to share a few photos from a walk today around Marsden,next to Holmfirth,
1.Aunties shop today
2.Every time I walk past these bollards,near Aunties shop,I imagine Smiler as a lollipop man running for cover,but mainly,I just pause a moment and expect to see Foggy,Compo and Clegg pushing Howard in a wheelbarrow after his failed keep fit attempt in A Leg Up For Christmas
3.The fab four
4.Canal and boats,some scenes have been filmed here as well I think
5.Dry stone wall leading to the bridge
6.The beautiful serene bridge that has been used in filming
7.View from the bridge.
Sorry if it hasn't worked,first attempt and I'm rubbish at owt like this.
Pete.

Attachments

• Marsden 001.jpg
    Marsden 001.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Marsden 002.jpg
    Marsden 002.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 83
  • bollards 001.jpg
    bollards 001.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Marsden 003.jpg
    Marsden 003.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Marsden 004.jpg
    Marsden 004.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Marsden 005.jpg
    Marsden 005.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Marsden 008.jpg
    Marsden 008.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 70
Thanks for the pictures. Those of us who live too far away to visit the area, really appreciate current photos.

Yes, thank you , thank you!!! I love seeing things as they are today. They have not changed at all. The architecture there is so everlasting there! I cannot get over it. Beautiful!:smile::smile::smile:

Thanks me2,Brendalovescompo and Beth,I'll post some whenever I get out there,when I got up this morning I decided to go over to Jackson Bridge,I took some photos of Howards house as it is today,I'll put them up in a minute,tomorrow, my last day off before I start all my 12hr shifts,I'm going to see a play at Selby Abbey,a beautiful Cathederal type building they started building in 1069,thats only 27 miles away,I might put a photo up of that,take care and thank you all for the comments.Pete x

Will post some whenever I get out there Darin,was going to go over tomorrow but my daughters just come home from Liverpool for a few days,hopefully next week though,go steady,
Pete x

How far is it to walk from the standedge tunnel to the bridge? Is it easy to find? What's the best way to walk there?

Hi,
Don't know if this will work,have not tried to upload photos before and I'm afraid I'm a bit like Cleggy and Truly when it comes to these things,wanted to put captions under but couldn't do that either,just wanted to share a few photos from a walk today around Marsden,next to Holmfirth,
1.Aunties shop today
2.Every time I walk past these bollards,near Aunties shop,I imagine Smiler as a lollipop man running for cover,but mainly,I just pause a moment and expect to see Foggy,Compo and Clegg pushing Howard in a wheelbarrow after his failed keep fit attempt in A Leg Up For Christmas
3.The fab four
4.Canal and boats,some scenes have been filmed here as well I think
5.Dry stone wall leading to the bridge
6.The beautiful serene bridge that has been used in filming
7.View from the bridge.
Sorry if it hasn't worked,first attempt and I'm rubbish at owt like this.
Pete.
I did all these back in June, had a great time finding them all, but well worth it in the end.
I found most locations in and around Holmfirth but will have to go back again to find the ones that I missed.
I think the best one I stumbled across by accident was the Pub from a "Quite Drink" Good to see it is still open.:18:

Back