Shopping

I got away with zero shopping immediately before Christmas as away, being waited on and all meals, mulled wine etc provided.

On my return late yesterday I called into a local Co-op for milk and bread and noticed that Hot Cross Buns were on sale!

It is not a joke!! I THOUGHT I was being sarcastic giving 5 days before Easter stuff arrives in the shop...SILLY ME!!! It was only THREE days:confused2:
Woollies over here has Hot Cross Buns for sale and apparently the competitor Coles starts selling them next week!!!
I have always gone by the maxim "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity." It looks like "stupidity" requires alteration to GREED!!
(Alas I fear it has always been so!:()

I take it Woollies is not our old Woolworths which we lost a few years back with great sadness here in the UK.

I am not sure where the relationship sits but Woollies IS Woolworths, however it is a Supermarket Chain here. I can remember as a kid (actually even more recent than that but still some years ago) that it used to be a Department store Chain here as well as in the UK. Somewhere along the way the department chain faded out, leaving one of the 2 leading Supermarkets in Oz. Probably bought out by some multinational but kept the name. I don't really pay much attention because quite frankly they are all basically the same anyway!

It is not a joke!! I THOUGHT I was being sarcastic giving 5 days before Easter stuff arrives in the shop...SILLY ME!!! It was only THREE days:confused2:
Woollies over here has Hot Cross Buns for sale and apparently the competitor Coles starts selling them next week!!!
I have always gone by the maxim "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity." It looks like "stupidity" requires alteration to GREED!!
(Alas I fear it has always been so!:()
Actually it was 27th so two days after Christmas the first commercial signs of Easter!

Not even had Epiphany ... ah well I forget that profit and financial growth are the most important aspects of life - how silly of me.

OK, It's that time of year again....18 days until Bah Humbug day.....who will be the first to spot EASTER stuff in the shops????:fp:

Boxing day here last year! They started selling Cream Eggs on Boxing Day.

No doubt they will have been further reduced in size , what were once the size of a large Hen's egg are now the size of a Quail's . Not as painful for Cadbury's machines to lay . For the more mature people Winter lasts a long time and Easter seems an age away, to a person there is definitely no sign of any Spring Chickens :fp:

OK...looks like I am first at my own quiz......28th Dec and Hot Cross Buns are now on sale. Apparantly easter eggs are due in shops next week!:confused:

My Local Supermarket , as predicted by Pearl, have Cadbury's Creme Eggs in stock already they are on the shelf next to reading glasses which you can borrow to see the eggs , they certainly look smaller again yet the price is higher than I remember . I also imagine that any number of people are all ready buying their 2019 Christmas presents and regalia and will have be fully prepared by the end of January. :fp:

My Local Supermarket , as predicted by Pearl, have Cadbury's Creme Eggs in stock already they are on the shelf next to reading glasses which you can borrow to see the eggs , they certainly look smaller again yet the price is higher than I remember . I also imagine that any number of people are all ready buying their 2019 Christmas presents and regalia and will have be fully prepared by the end of January. :fp:
Buying presents and regalia for next Christmas? Sounds like a plan. Making Christmas presents instead of buying? A better plan.

Persuading Amazon to provide correctly-sized envelopes with the gift cards that come with greeting cards would be a great idea, too. The "courtesy envelopes" that come with the $25 gift cards have been too small for the greeting cards for the last several years.

Back