Series 9, Episode 9; Jaws

wstol

Dedicated Member
This is probably the funniest episode ever made - certainly one of my favourite episodes.

From Seymour not actually lifting Edie's dustbin for her to Wesley struggling under the sink then exclaiming 'It worked!', this episode is a lot of fun.

Other highlights include Eli's first appearance, trying to play darts in The White Horse, then meeting up his old friend Wally Batty. Then Compo pretending to be Wally.

The scene in the machine shop is priceless too with Seymour - 'They all know me here...'.

Without doubt one of the finest episodes ever made.

i'll agree its a very good episode with sum very gud scenes and probly 1 of the better seymour episodes, but what i think helped this episode was the fact it was 1 of the handful of seymour episodes made available on video in the 90's, without that i stil think it wud have been a gud episode but maybe not as good as u say it is, as i said its a gud episode and 1 of the better seymours but imo theres still better episodes than this from different eras, i'll give it a 6.5/10

THE WHOLE EPISODE IS SET OFF FOR ME BY EDIES PLAINTIVE " WEEESSSLLEEE" WHEN THE MACHINE REGURGITATES ALL OVER THE WINDOW AT THE END. ALL IN ALL ONE OF THE BETTER SEYMOUR EPISODES ;)

THE WHOLE EPISODE IS SET OFF FOR ME BY EDIES PLAINTIVE " WEEESSSLLEEE" WHEN THE MACHINE REGURGITATES ALL OVER THE WINDOW AT THE END. ALL IN ALL ONE OF THE BETTER SEYMOUR EPISODES ;)

Well I guess I will take a moment to respectfully disagree with Dick. I enjoyed Edie and Jaws was one of the episodes where Edie praised her brother so much much criticized her husband on everything. Her "WEEESSSLLEEE" was part of the comedy of her thinking that Seymour could do no wrong, because the mess in the end was indeed Seymour's.

For those others here that aren't fond of Edie, or Thora Hird, please take a moment and read my new post, Seymour Era Reflections. "I think" I bring up good points in favor of Edie.

I liked Edie very much, I think she worked well with Wesley.
This is a very good episode, the part when Compo is standing in for Wally is hilarious and so is the part when Compos riding Wally's bike and they nearly run an old lady over the line, "Did you see that wicked old lady looking for some bugger to bash" cracks me up. ;D

Good episode with Eli's introduction,always felt it was shame that final scene was included,acually wanted one of Seymour;s projects to work for once

There was no wonder He kept looking upward saying "Simple justice demands that it makes money!" and similar statements ;)

There was no wonder He kept looking upward saying "Simple justice demands that it makes money!" and similar statements ;)

Wonder what happened to the heated butter knife, to spread your butter more easerly :D

forgot to add yesterday even tho this has my usernames characters 1st appearance its stil not my favourite eli scene, that goes 2 treasure of the deep in the laundrette

Back