Series 9, Episode 4; The Really Masculine Purse

wstol

Dedicated Member
Not perhaps the most memorable episode, yet still brilliant.

I like the bit where Compo meddles with Seymour's science experiment, then hastily sticks a pipe in his mouth to account for the smoke.

i think this episode is in the top 3 for seymour episodes and probly sneeks into my top 10, i think its a brilliant episode, i also like the bit with the invention blowing up and compo with the pipe

The scene where they've been thrown off the bus and Compo looks up at Seymour and says "I didn't mean to kick him in unauthorised places but you told me to pay the fare.........." ;D

The scene where they've been thrown off the bus and Compo looks up at Seymour and says "I didn't mean to kick him in unauthorised places but you told me to pay the fare.........." ;D

Yes that was my favourite part too :)
And when Nora realises that Compo has Wally's boots. :)

It was an episode full of surprises. Happen to be I watched it last week. A good one indeed..

I haven't seen this in ages, so my afternoons task is to watch it and rate it.

I just happen to watch that Seymour episode yesterday, the local channel just showed it. The smoke in the room and Compo with the pipe, raising his leg to get the manly purse Seymour invented, Ivy hitting him, yes it was an excellently written show. Even included Seymour at his door trying out a different password to let himself in, door didn't open of course.

"Eh up, it;s another Tulip with a purse".
For that line alone I'll give it 7.9/10
It was an Ok episode, watchable, a few giggles therein, but not one that really sticks in the memory for me.

"Eh up, it;s another Tulip with a purse".
For that line alone I'll give it 7.9/10
It was an Ok episode, watchable, a few giggles therein, but not one that really sticks in the memory for me.

i like that line as well, i like it cause its one of the few times in the show that they have mentioned another character that at that time isnt in the show (this case being Foggy and his purse)

I just happen to watch that Seymour episode yesterday, the local channel just showed it. The smoke in the room and Compo with the pipe, raising his leg to get the manly purse Seymour invented, Ivy hitting him, yes it was an excellently written show. Even included Seymour at his door trying out a different password to let himself in, door didn't open of course.
oh yes,its the Marjorie episode I think

Back