Series 8, Episode 4; Catching Digby's Donkey

wstol

Dedicated Member
I mentioned before how important series 8 was in the way different characters left and appeared.

This episode sees the introduction of Howard, Pearl and Marina, and it's interesting to note how similar they look and behave here and in the very last episode - their characters never changed.

The beginning of this episode starts like any episode from the next 20 years, with Howard confiding in his love life to Clegg outside their houses in the morning.

Marina is described here as looking 'a bit rough' by Compo, but certainly seems softer round the edges in all subsequent episodes.

To be honest, I thought the same thing, "a bit rough". When I saw her there, I actually thought at the very first moment she was a man in lady´s clothes ::).

Like this episode paticually the sence when ormerod turns up and claims to be a famous pub fighter.good episode all round.

This is a corker and one of my favourites. Digby and Ormeroyd were smashing extras and the scene with the Donkey was excellent.
Crafty old Napoleon!
9/10 from me.

A great episode, it's a pity the DVD edition has most scene of the Pearl and Crusher scene cut from it however.

It would have been good to have Ormeroyd reappear in another episode though, he had the personality that would have fitted in with the trio's antics.

Back