Series 30

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All

I am pretty teed off with the BBC talking over the closing credit of the current series, there really is no need for this,especially when the credits are finished they then tell you the same information again

Terry

Be happy, they don't do it during the episodes.
The commercial television here in the Netherlands show during their programs 'popups'...
Just on the places most watchers will have their eyes on.
I don't watch commercial television in my own home.
I know I am stupid but I don't want to be treated that way in my own home!

There's all kinds of messing around with the end credits here in the US. Some channels they put the credits in a small box or at the bottom of the screen while they have ads for another show on the channel. Some have the voiceovers like what was on Summer Wine, and some of the older episodes I've seen from UKGold (which I wonder if that's UKDrama or Gold.. whatever.. to blame). There's also one popular channel here that I noticed yesterday. While the end credits were rolling for one show at the bottom, the next show started at the top half of the screen. I was surprised at THAT tactic. We also get the ads for whatever tv show at the bottom of the screen taking 1/3 of the picture with their "cute" animations and all that. You wonder when people will start to realize how ridiculous it is.

I agree that our commercial channels in the uk and most of the satellite stuff are quite happy to mess with the programs output often removing any pleasure in watching, all these channels are not interested in quality but how much advertising they can aim at us, but I used to think the BBC who the viewer funds were above all this,why they feel they should copy or try and mimic what goes on the other side of the dial is beyond me,but things are obviously changing.At one time the BBC would never deliberately advertise yet now you only have to watch the breakfast show from 08.30 and every guest is either in a new movie,have a new album,book etc.These guest are already famous yet here are the BBC plugging their products, even dragging out of the them when is the release dates and so on, if these people are not paying large amounts of money towards this,I would like to know why not, why should I and every other licence payer plug their product at no cost to them, if the BBC can give these famous people all this airtime at our expense,then they can stop chatting over the shows we have paid for, it's our money,because I doubt they could function as a commercial channel and have to work for the cash instead of it being handed on a plate

End of rant >:(

Back