Series 21 & 22 DVD - Very Interesting

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
Series 21 & 22 DVD - Very Interesting

Just visited Amazon site and found this interesting notice about the DVD:

"Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page."

Could this be the picture quality issue?

Re: Series 21 & 22 DVD - Very Interesting

Could well be.

The episode list is out of sequence.

It Has 'A Miserable Passing For A Musical Muscroft' been as disc 3 (episode 2) on the back and 'Beware Of The Hot Dog' as disc 4 (episode 1).
Whereas when it comes to viewing the episodes are in the correct order with BOTHD as disc 3, episode 6 and A Musical Passing as Disc 4, episode 6.

The episode list is out of sequence.

It Has 'A Miserable Passing For A Musical Muscroft' been as disc 3 (episode 2) on the back and 'Beware Of The Hot Dog' as disc 4 (episode 1).
Whereas when it comes to viewing the episodes are in the correct order with BOTHD as disc 3, episode 6 and A Musical Passing as Disc 4, episode 6.
On the last set think the episodes were in production order as Last Post and Pigeon was after the first 3 episodes of series 21 when in fact it was broadcast before the start of the series

I am wondering what difference it makes as long as we get all of the episodes!

Also I was surprised to see 'Electric Entwhistle' in the episode with the fairground organ, I had forgotten that he was in it. I imagine that this would have been a Wesley, episode had Gordon Wharmby, not sadly died as he did so they needed transport for 'the ladies'.

Agreed, as long as the DVD is in the correct running order what difference does it make about what is on the back of the cover.

Whatever the reason, I note that Amazon is selling it again.

I get all of my summer wine DVD's from Play.com, i've never had any problems...except for one or two of the discs that come loose in the box.
I have to be careful when opening it, as the disc can fall out, rather annoying really.

G ; )

I get all of my summer wine DVD's from Play.com, i've never had any problems...except for one or two of the discs that come loose in the box.
I have to be careful when opening it, as the disc can fall out, rather annoying really.

G ; )
Don't want to knock Royal Mail as I've worked for them but they can be a bit heavyhanded

G ; )
Don't want to knock Royal Mail as I've worked for them but they can be a bit heavyhanded

Far from convinced one should blame Royal Mail for this. Properly secured discs can be extremely difficult to actually get out. I strongly suspect DVD producers just do not pack properly and secure discs in the first place.

Far from convinced one should blame Royal Mail for this. Properly secured discs can be extremely difficult to actually get out. I strongly suspect DVD producers just do not pack properly and secure discs in the first place.

Agreed, there is a responsibilty on the company where the item was ordered to ensure good packaging.

However , I too have worked for the Royal Mail and I have seen instances of heavy handedness where there shouldn't be.

Back