Serenade For Tight Jeans And Metal Detector

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time the trio ventured into a second-hand junk shop prior to the addition of Auntie Wainright to the cast? I think the owner's name was Dougie or Doggie if I'm not mistaken. I remember Clegg being very cautious about entering the shop for fear he would be coerced into buying something. He felt the same way about Auntie Wainright too, so I wonder if this was the inspiration for adding her to the cast several years later? It was an interesting parallel I happened to notice, but I don't know if there's any connection.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time the trio ventured into a second-hand junk shop prior to the addition of Auntie Wainright to the cast? I think the owner's name was Dougie or Doggie if I'm not mistaken. I remember Clegg being very cautious about entering the shop for fear he would be coerced into buying something. He felt the same way about Auntie Wainright too, so I wonder if this was the inspiration for adding her to the cast several years later? It was an interesting parallel I happened to notice, but I don't know if there's any connection.

I wondered if their was a connection,where they not different directors and maybe Mr Bell suggested a full time junk shop,maybe it will be in his forthcoming book

A Bicycle Made For Three featured a junk/second hand shop where they bought all the bike bits to make their own.

As to whether there's a link, there was a 6 year gap between these episodes and Crums where auntie was introduced, so I think it's unlikely

Back