RIP CLIVE DUNN

Wow!! For some reason I thought he was already gone! How old was he?

RIP Clive!

He was 92. I have always been a big fan of Dads Army sad to see another one go. Bill pertwee is still going and I think Frank Williams (Vicar, Pamela Cundell (mrs fox) and John Clegg who was in one or two episodes.

We used to play his record, Grandad,at parties for a joke. He was a good actor bless him.

Didn't he live in portugal for the last few years, We were only talking the other day, that he was still going, sad, sad

There was an article only recently in the Oldie about him.

RIP - as stated very few left from Dad's Army , or in deed, from many comedy shows of that time.

Very sad.

Another legend gone.

Wasn't everything, including the entire cast, about Dad's Army wonderful?

Yes. It's the whole idea that such an ill matched bunch of men were willing to stand between us and a terrible enemy. Because my Dad worked in the mines he wasn't allowed to join up, so he joined the Home Guard. He always said Dads Army was more true to life that people imagined!

A real loss to the comedy world. The story about him is in the "Sun" this morning. He use to say "Don't panic" but we might have to now as we are losing too many greats..

Is it only Ian Lavender left from Dads Army now?

As far as I know there are three of the main cast still alive - Bill Pertwee MBE (chief warden Hodges), Frank Williams (the vicar) and Ian Lavender (Pike) It is such a shame to lose a comedy great like Clive, but I am sure he is once again on maneuvers in that great parade ground in the sky with the rest of the lads.

My childhood was more old fashioned than most my age and a damn sight more enjoyable as well might I add! (I'm in my early 20's) and I was brought up on Summer wine, Dads army, Will Hay, Marx brothers, Steptoe ect ect ect and I consider myself very lucky that I was, most people my age have no clue about real comedy or entertainment.

Don't panic jonesy, they still don't like it up 'em ;)

In a couple of LOTSW episodes, Eli went about saying "don't panic,
don't panic!" Is this modeled after "Dad's Army"?

Back