replacement actor better than original

lotswfan72

Dedicated Member
i was thinking, when has a original actor in something been replaced by another actor who was better at the role? funny enough the 2 shows i thought of straight away were written by roy clarke. in keeping up appearances the second rose was better than the first and in open all hours the second nurse gladys was better than the first ( in the pilot ). a while later i thought of on the buses, second mum was better ( doris hare ) but can't think of any more. any ideas?

I agree with you on all counts there, the only one I can think of that I didn't like (well 2 really) were the 2 they changed in Bread, Joey and Avaline.

The first Rose left the show for what ever reason but went to Emmerdale. The second Rose was great and sad when I heard she died of cancer.

But at the moment I can't think of anyone else. Susan it is very hot here and only half the brain is working...LOL

yeah agree but that the other way round, thats when the originals were better than the replacements lol i know its getting confusing! loved bread years ago when it fist came out but think its just ok now! probably watched it to many times!

The first Rose left the show for what ever reason but went to Emmerdale. The second Rose was great and sad when I heard she died of cancer.

But at the moment I can't think of anyone else. Susan it is very hot here and only half the brain is working...LOL
I liked the second Rose too. And I understand about your brain not working - it is very hot here too. I think we were well over 104 degrees today.

Not sure if Actor count's, but most people prefer Henry McGee on The Benny Hill Show instead of Nicolas Parson's or Jeremy Hawk.

Back