PLEASE TO REMEMBER...

Wintertea

Good evening everyone. Need your help.
There is a scene in the cafe where Truly is talking to Ivy while eating a sandwich. Frank Thornton’s performance is so hilarious, Jane Freeman starts to ‘corpse’ and is but a moment away from completely losing her composure. Can anyone remember which episode this was?

Do you remember what the general conversation was to make Ivy behave so? Not sure what you mean by to 'corpse'. I've started watching some Truly episodes, maybe I will come across the one you are referring to.

I think Ivy is having a go at the lads (surprise, surprise) when Truly tries to reason with her. Frank Thornton delivers the lines in such a funny way that Jane Freeman fails to stifle a smile and struggles to contain herself. A wonderful moment, and I cannot check it out right now as I am away from home.

Normally when Actors/Actresses "Corpse" they would stop filming and re-shoot its unusual that they would keep a scene with even the slightest hint of an Actress or Actor smirking/laughing uncontrollably at what another Actor/Actress is saying or doing , the scene usually end up on the cutting room floor to be shown on an Outtake show in the future. Are you sure about the sandwich I recall a scene when Truly is eating a sticky bun and offers a critical assessment of the quality which Ivy takes exception to ?

Wintertea, when you're referring an episode where Ivy is having a go at the lads in the café, do you mean Compo and Clegg or Clegg, Alvin and Billy?

Thanks there captain for the meaning. Not heard that before. I was trying to wonder when Ivy was 'playing dead'. :confused2:

I recall the most comical case of "Almost Corpsing" was in the early episode where Foggy was reading a newspaper in the café with a sticky bun on his plate and Compo stole the cherry off the top. Poor Peter Sallis (Clegg) was screwing his face up, trying not to burst out laughing.

Oh I remember that episode and clegg's reaction, it was so funny!

I think Ivy is having a go at the lads (surprise, surprise) when Truly tries to reason with her. Frank Thornton delivers the lines in such a funny way that Jane Freeman fails to stifle a smile and struggles to contain herself. A wonderful moment, and I cannot check it out right now as I am away from home.

Could it be this scene

Attachments

• IL.jpg
    IL.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 10
Is the episode called The Miraculous Curing of Old Goff Helliwell?

Back