Picture of the Week #35

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Forum27.jpg

I wrote before about Gavin Hinchcliffe being my very first Summer Wine memory. Also, as a long time Fawlty Towers fan, I remember him (forget the actor's name) as the spoon salesman.

While this episode is not my absolute favorite, it is very close to my heart.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this episode was Josephine Tewson's Summer Wine debut, correct? I thought she brought a lot to the show in the later years.

Thanks so much, Terry.

I wrote before about Gavin Hinchcliffe being my very first Summer Wine memory. Also, as a long time Fawlty Towers fan, I remember him (forget the actor's name) as the spoon salesman.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this episode was Josephine Tewson's Summer Wine debut, correct? I thought she brought a lot to the show in the later years.

Bernard Cribbins. Anyone else remember him in the 1964 wordless film "A Home of Your Own" and the memorial/statue erected as a consequence of a "PUBIC SUBSCRIPTION"

Yes, Josephine Tewson's first episode. Her only appearance in the 2003 Series #24 but her continuation into Series #25 was anticipated in the script.

One concept which never seemed to get followed up on I only just noted today in "Jurassic - No Parking". Miss Davenport is referred to as Glenda's new neighbour. I do not think there was any subsequent mention of this.

Back